Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

massive hail storm and tornado warning

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
We got the hail, no tornado yet. I'm in Vermont so I wouldn't expect one though. All my plants are in except tobacco, which I had such a late start I ordered from Big B and it hasn't arrived yet. I don't have much hope for the stuff out there it looks like it was snowing there is so much hail.

Well I guess I will find out later what survived, I just got everything in yesterday, wish I'd have procrastinated. But really glad the tobacco isn't in yet much less mature.

Hope everyone else is fine, no clue how big this band is

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
We got a ton of hail last week. I sat inside for about half an hour after it ended contemplating my lost tobacco crop. To my surprise only a few plants had holes in them. Not sure how because the hail was as big as pennys and completely coated the ground.

Expecting more hail shortly...

pacman

that bites. I was thinking of what I could do here in KS if hail comes in while my plants are out. That's my worst fear, all that work and expense wasted.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
We're done with that nonsense, hopefully it won't visit you jbd

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A hailstorm for tobacco growers is kind of like the giant Godzilla foot in the movies. Most people run out of the way. Only a few get juiced.

Bob

garryricketson

The weather seems to be going crazy every where, we don't usually get hail here, but a couple of weeks ago they had some , real heavy , big, golf ball sizes,. further south, near Mexico city, anyway, I hope we don't get it here,...it is a good thing you still hadn't put your plants out,..

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
It is told that the weather every where will be hot and mean. Even the rain, wind, tornadoes and floods this year. I guess expect the weather to be steped up where You are for the type that is comon for Your region. Even the bugs. I see a big change this year as well.

daniel draeving

I was hit by a tornado in April 4 years ago. House, garage, barn, truck, everything was damaged.I finally got the truck back from the bondo shop and 2 weeks later at work we had a golf ball sized hail storm, so back in she went. Must have gave my insurance company fits.

Glad to hear you're all safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.