Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New To This Forum ツ

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyldeTone

Hi , New This Forum Only Because I Enjoy Chew And Have Been Chew'n For 45 Years . I Can Remember When Copenhaggen Was $ 1.75 Then Over The Years Slowly Sky-Rocket To A Whopping $8.75 Per Can .Since I Was 4 Chewing Has Been Apart Of My Life And As I Kindly Tell People , "Its Something Im Not Willing To Part With".

As I Have Ventured On And Decided To Grow My Own Surely Along The Way Theres Going To Be Trials And Errors Or Perhaps Room For Improvement … I Live In Minnesota Just North Of The Twin Cities , My Location Is Surrounded By Large Farming Land , Where The Mississippi River Is Just Walking Distance Away I Feel Confident I Should Be Successful Producing Some Healthy Tobacco Leaves . For This Year Im Run"n Behind Schedule But Willing To Get On Board Now . And By Next Season I'll Be Better Prepared .

Im Currently Chasing Down How Dry And Cure , I'll Be

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Welcome, Pull up a chair and have yourself a chaw while you're reading. It's not too late if you want to plant tobacco this year. PM BigBonner for some tobacco plants.

pacman

welcome from Kansas, I'm interested in growing some chewing tobacco plants this year also. Going to process like foil in a pouch with molasses. I used to smoke and tried quitting by switching to dip when smokes and dip were near $2 a pack/container. I consumed 2 cans a day, it was great.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the Grower's FAQ (link at the top of each page). If you place your location in your profile, it will appear on each post that you make, and be helpful to other members.

Our member, BigBonner, has commercially produced tobacco transplants ready to ship today, and ready to go into the ground when they arrive. Just like tomato starts.

Bob

garryricketson

Welcome, I am pretty new here too, and this year is my first attempt at growing tobacco,
For This Year Im Run"n Behind Schedule But Willing To Get On Board Now . And By Next Season I'll Be Better Prepared .
I think it is good to start here, before you actually start planting, In my case, I had all ready ordered,and started some seeds, did not have things well planned, wish I had read some of things I found here,before I started. Also I did not have any ground prepared, where I would put the seedlings when they got big enough, this led to a mad dash, because once the seedlings started getting big enough, I was still trying to prepare a area for them, ...and it seems it would be better to do that in the fall, the year before,..next year will be better for me. I have learned a lot here, plus from my experience, of how not to do it ,(learn from mistakes),.. anyway welcome, and good luck on your plans to plant in the future. The high prices of cigarettes and processed tobacco is what inspired me to try first some unprocessed tobacco, then I liked it so much I decided to try growing my own.,

WyldeTone

Thanks everyone for welcoming me on board! In response to my own post, here's a little information on my seeds: I ordered which are on their way! Pretty much raised up in a garden, I was born in Missouri. I spent much of my life in the Great Northwest / Washington State until 2008. No, I haven't planted or done any gardening but wagering 16 years in landscape and grounds maintenance, I can say I truly am blessed knowing a bit - a few things. Currently just prepared my vegetable garden - EXCITED - never experienced such amazing natural soil. Very fine, no rocks to collect. Ok. . .so my seed choice. . .I went with New Hope Seed Company and selected Fire Cured Madole. My understanding, this seed has been known for chewing tobacco, snuff, sigarette and blending. For now this season I am hoping as I have learned, thus far, this time next year I have raised some healthy leaves. Have questions about drying and curing. I bring up this question about drying, hoping to get feedback *drying in a smoker like pitt *using wet and dry wood to enhance natural flavor *combination of water added in stages or as clockwork * water itself being applied by spraying and additives. What's the best choice wood wet or dry, older stock or fresh cut? Thanks again!

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. Get you some whole leaf from http://fairtradetobacco.com/ and try some recipes.

i believe making some chew, would be very simple.... i got 2 family members that have chewed bacca as long as i can recall..

i think it's mainlly made out of burley, bacca..

i was in a store today and noticed the price for a pack. of LEVI GARRETT.. and RED-MAN... was a whopping $8.00 i couldnt believe it,, i was wondering how much it was.. and today i was very surprised to see how much it did cost...

get you some whole leaf bacca. and do some expermenting while your waiting for your crop to mature.

quo155

Welcome...welcome...from East Texas!

I dipped Copenhagen for years. I just finally quit a couple months ago due to the cost and what it does to my gums. But, I intend to make my own chew for an occasion dip/chew for when there's a day here or there that I can't enjoy a cigar or pipe. I have learned that this IS THE PLACE to properly make you own dip/chew/cigars/ciggs/pipe tobacco, you name it. Stick around and enjoy this place!

And, I thought Cope was expensive here at just under $6 a can...$8+, ouch!

BarG

Founding Member
Welcome wyldetone, if you want to go from 6-8 bucks to 60 -80 cents you should do some surfin here.

Status
Not open for further replies.