Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustycase

iola, I've got some seed here that says #6 sweet cigar wrapper on it... I have not grown them yet.
You are welcome to give them a try if you like.
rc

Brown Thumb

Welcome aboard. I am speechless awesome grow there. Unless that is a 3yr olds hand.
BT

BarG

Founding Member
Those are downright bad ass looking. Do you mind if I ask where you get your fertilizer. I can't find any granular without chlorides in this area.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
As far as finding tobacco with earthy/cocoa etc flavor you'd probably be best looking for "Primitive" varieties. I haven't found any Burley, Turkish or Flue cured tobaccos that meet your requirements. You should consider growing some Turkish for your pipe. Most of them taste excellent smoked straight in a pipe. Samsun Maden, Bucak and Tekekoy to name a few.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
PA Red tip leaf, as well as tip leaf from Little Dutch and (surprisingly) Hickory Prior can develop a deep chocolaty flavor. I don't know of any varieties that produce lower leaf that acquires that quality.

Bob

DGBAMA

Those are downright bad ass looking. Do you mind if I ask where you get your fertilizer. I can't find any granular without chlorides in this area.

I found a 15-5-10 (rainbow brand) at my farmers Co-Op, lists no Chlorine or Urea on the analysis label.

BarG

Founding Member
I found a 15-5-10 (rainbow brand) at my farmers Co-Op, lists no Chlorine or Urea on the analysis label.

Try finding that in Texas. I have called every supplier here looking for it. My best grow was when I used the Mad cow tilled into my rows, other than the one that didn't burn good do to chlorides in the fert.

USHOG

Here is a picture of my fertilizers. 8 tons of compost. at $20 a ton you can not beat it. I am not an organic farmer but for some reason I have never found a better fertilizer. I use all kinds of teas that I make from bat guano, worm castings, and fish. My irrigation system allows me to run the teas I make through the soaker hoses straight to the plants. I also burry many animals and animal parts in the rows of the garden. I also add all of the ash from my fire places and BBQ pits.
That is my hand in the picture and the leaves are absolutely enormous on my CB.

tobacco-005.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.