Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Got my leaf today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DIY Pete

leaf.jpg

Got my leaf in from WTL today. It looks good and I can't wait to start rolling some sticks. I need to put my work station together this weekend and pick up some glue. I will most likely roll a small puro of each leaf to see what they taste like and then try a blend.

I picked up 1lb each of:
Piloto Cubano Seco
Flojo African Viso
Mata Fina Filler
Dominican Binder
Criollo 98 Wrapper

Pete

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Don't forget that those bags are also a treasure. Cut them just below the seal. Keep them closed by folding the top over several times, and hold it in place with a couple of clothespins. When finally (sadly) empty, the labels peel off easily. You can mark them for any new variety with a Sharpie, which easily rubs off with a dry paper towel. I have a number of those nice poly-nylon bags that have now held up for years, and still do their job for my home-grown leaf.

Bob

DIY Pete

I got s good start on my work station today. I think I will use it for a while and see how it works before I add anything else.

I made it out of an 18" x 31" granite tile that was left over from the kitchen remodel I did a couple of years ago. I attached apiece of 1x12 and 1x4 then attached felt to them so they don't scratch the dining room table. The 2x2 will keep the station from sliding around and act as a handle when I need to move it.

Pete

Work station.jpgWork station 2.jpg

DIY Pete

I don't know about puff pastry but it has seen lots of pizza dough the last couple of years.

Pete

Bruck

Got my leaf in from WTL today. It looks good and I can't wait to start rolling some sticks. I need to put my work station together this weekend and pick up some glue. I will most likely roll a small puro of each leaf to see what they taste like and then try a blend.

Pete

That's what I like to do when I add a new leaf to the library. And sometimes I find that a "puro" isn't half bad, e.g., Sumatra.

DGBAMA

You are setting yourself up for success. With a work surface like that we expect you to show good results. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.