Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Happy No Tobacco Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I am wondering who made that up? I am wondering if someone hit the whiskey bar before me.

you take advantage of that 2 hour head start.heheh

Last edited:

garryricketson

You turn the handle, but it won't budge.
It's just the old ones hold a grudge.
Won't even mind if it makes a squeak,
But I really have to take a leak.
Who designed these things with sticking hinges?
Have to cross your legs when you go on binges.
A kick and a shoulder and open it swings.
Old farm house doors are ornery things.
In the next life, when I get my mansion,
No wooden doors with their damn expansion.
Maybe a screen or a simple curtain,
So a timely pee will then be certain.

Bob
That is creative, I like that,
Up until just last year, we did not have a bathroom, it was just a "outhouse",..and the door was a old serape (blanket) as a curtain, I very rarely used it, I just went a little further away, and in the arroyo,(dry river bed),.. We had a "shower,wash room", but it is a separate building. My wife had really wanted a real bath room for some time, so last year, we finally had enough money, cut out a door sized hole in the wall,and built her a real bathroom, and even dug a huge hole out back, and made a real septic tank, with cement block,..cement top,......getting modernized.
But any way getting back on topic, What is this "No Tobacco Day" ???,...and any day that I do not have tobacco, is not a happy day for me, so I try to avoid that situation. How ever I am getting worried now,..this weekend I went to buy some tobacco, and there was none to be found,..finally I did find a guy that gave me a small bag, enough for about a week,..the trip to Penon Blanco, though turned out to be a learning experience, to say the least,..but that is another subject too,and I am kind of tired, just got off of work, also need to go taker care of my tobacco plants,... I do not like the idea of a "No Tobacco Day",..scares me,.... cause it won't be a "happy " no tobacco day. My mind is starting to wander, or drift, best go take care of my plants, so I don't have any "no tobacco day" in my future.

BarG

Founding Member
Bob is creative. I remember accidently shooting my grandad thru the knotholes with my trusty bb gun.Congrats on your new improvements, they sound better than mine. Keep growing and you'll end up with a huge surplus.

garryricketson

If the question "who made that up?" is "who made up No Tobacco Day?" the answer is the World Health Organization.
Should have guessed,.....some time ago, where I worked, I was the janitor for a Baptist church,..I was about 48 years old at the time, well I have been smoking since I was about 12,..now I am 60, in very good health, still working, "breaking"stones,..the other day, cutting branches in the tree, to let more sun in, with a machete,..anyway, the pastour, my boss, was a lot younger, never smoked in his entire life,.. he was only about 30, but some what "heavy set",...anyway, one day he wanted to go with me, up stairs (the buliding was 3 stories),..to show some things he wanted me to do,..we started up the stairs, barely reached the first floor, and he was totally out of breath, red as a beat, ..holding his chest,..scared me , I thought he was going to have a heart attack,.. so I slowed down to wait,..it about killed him to go all the way to the 3rd floor,..when I was working, I often ran up and down all 3 floors, several times a day, in the course of my work,..I usally skipped one stair, going up 2 steps at a time. Maybe they need a "get of the fat butt" day, so people get some excersise,..over eating and lazyness, or lack of excersise, I think are far more un-healthy than smoking.
When I was a truck driver, I got to be pretty "unhealthy", I too, thought it was the smoking,..but actually, when I finally quit driving, and started getting more excersise, my health, thank God, started getting better, and now after almost a year of smoking unprocessed tobacco, I am in better health then I was a year ago, I can run further the I could a year ago,..so I am going to keep puffing,.. choo choo, chuga ,chuga , choo choo,...

DirkReids

I almost forgot...Happy No Tobacco Day everyone.

I think I'll fire up an old Cohiba just for the occasion.
Well there is no day when I don't use Tobacco.. There is nothing like No Tobacco Day but still thanks for your wish..

ArizonaDave

What Tobacco? I smoked it already.

Someone dreamed up no tobacco day,
Some are just creatures of habit,
I just guess it's time that I will say,
then I'm skinning and cooking a rabbit

Since I don't care, I pulled out my stash,
And began to light them one after the next
They all smelled good, went up in a flash
My freedom ignored, now I'm perplexed

Who came up with this day in the first place?

Status
Not open for further replies.