Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

it's coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brown Thumb

I thought about using a Sharp punch to tighten it up on the bit.
But thought it would break it.
So I have been dipping the stem into Schellac every 20 min. Up to the bit line inside.
It wipes off the outside without damage to the finish.

Brown Thumb

I’ve used powered (white) chalk on some of my loose stems. I it works well and you don't have to alter the stem.
I will try that next. I am sitting at the pool table area inhaling a few beers and see the hand chalk pile I could Use.
BT

Bruck

Mine came today.1 Missouri Pride1 diplomat1 Mizzou7 Legands What did you get?

It looks like I got 7 legends, 1 country gentleman, 1 diplomat, and 1 I'm not sure.

The only real "defect" was that one had a loose stem. Everything else was just aesthetics as far as I can tell.

webmost

So yesterday about this time I ordered the prize for the Drum Roll Please contest. Here waiting for me at the post office this morning. How's that for prompt service?

Good thing I had it sent to the office PO box, or else it would have wound up floating in Lake WebMost along with that box of glue.

buck

So yesterday about this time I ordered the prize for the Drum Roll Please contest. Here waiting for me at the post office this morning. How's that for prompt service?

Good thing I had it sent to the office PO box, or else it would have wound up floating in Lake WebMost along with that box of glue.

What did you get or is it a secret ?

webmost

I was just talking two days ago, to someone at somewhere, and, no, I won't let slip a clue, about some contest prizes, and just as I ride in from the office today, there's the mailman laying a rain proof package at my door! Quick as that!

I just love the innernets. I do. Get anything you want, from an e-book to a Ukraine bride.

Meanwhile, "out for delivery" is what my package tracking to Texas says.

quo155

Still great looking MM seconds...what a deal! That'll be my next pipe purchase...when the time rolls around.

Also, I've received several MM pipes over the years with loose stems...all of these tips are way helpful! Thanks fellers!

Bruck

Latest purchase from whole leaf, just arrived yesterday:

pUaBD4t.jpg

That's a pound of Criollo ligero 98 and a couple of samples that they threw in, thank you very much!

Just rolled and wrapped 7 sticks with the new tobacco in the blend; will wrap later in p.m.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Which samples did you receive? Don's a sweetie isn't he? I really like the Criollo 98 Seco. I have so much Nicaraguan Ligero from the group buy I can't buy any more Ligero. It was sold in a one to one ratio with the Seco. The Criollo 98 is good as well as the Cuban Piloto. Have you tried the Cuban Piloto yet?

Bruck

Which samples did you receive? Don's a sweetie isn't he? I really like the Criollo 98 Seco. I have so much Nicaraguan Ligero from the group buy I can't buy any more Ligero. It was sold in a one to one ratio with the Seco. The Criollo 98 is good as well as the Cuban Piloto. Have you tried the Cuban Piloto yet?

The samples were a few leaves each of corojo viso and piloto cubano seco. I threw them into a couple of sticks to see how they go. I went through a bag of the piloto seco a couple months ago. Nice flavor! will probably get some more in the future, but right now I'm burning thru a bag of colombian seco which is also good, and I have a bag of nicaraguan seco in my tobacco library, which I haven't tried yet. I usually only use 1 or 2 leaves of seco per stick.

Yes, Don's a good guy, & samples are good marketing!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I have so much Nicaraguan Ligero from the group buy I can't buy any more Ligero. It was sold in a one to one ratio with the Seco.
No, Señor. The group buy was Nic seco and Nic viso, in a one to one ratio.

I did a 20 pound purchase. The seco was exhausted in about 3 months. I still have about 1 pound of the viso. Typically, one viso leaf goes into nearly every one of my cigars. The actual Nicaraguan Habano ligero is too strong for little ol' me.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
No, Señor. The group buy was Nic seco and Nic viso, in a one to one ratio.

I did a 20 pound purchase. The seco was exhausted in about 3 months. I still have about 1 pound of the viso. Typically, one viso leaf goes into nearly every one of my cigars. The actual Nicaraguan Habano ligero is too strong for little ol' me.

Bob

Was the original offer for Ligero which changed to Viso later? I remember the offer changed at some point. I thought it was the other way around.

BarG

Founding Member
Was the original offer for Ligero which changed to Viso later? I remember the offer changed at some point. I thought it was the other way around.
The original offer was 50/50/ seco -viso. Bob smokes more cigars than me, hehheh.
Who could forget the pic of the smile on his face holding up 20 lb. bags of prime cigar leaf.
I use a seco or 2 and 1 viso with other fillers. I only bought 5 lbs, and stretch mine out. I remember johnlee wanted to trade his viso for my seco and I had to decline. The viso is stronger by a margin or 2 and I like it.

BarG

Founding Member
Latest purchase from whole leaf, just arrived yesterday:

pUaBD4t.jpg

That's a pound of Criollo ligero 98 and a couple of samples that they threw in, thank you very much!

Just rolled and wrapped 7 sticks with the new tobacco in the blend; will wrap later in p.m.

I am still smoking wrapper samples from the first group buy. Don included quite a few, Thanks again almost a year later.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Let's let this guy have his thread back, I started a placeholder here http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/4429-group-buy-discussion-2014?p=80305#post80305 where we can get our thoughts coordinated.

webmost

Let's let this guy have his thread back...
Kewl.

So deluxestogie turned me on to the JRcigars daily Dutch auction. I gave it a stab for giggles. Spotted boxes of 25 Nat Shermans for bid, when was it, Friday? I've been looking for ammo for this year's Johnny Sotweedseed project. Which is this: Johnny Sotweedseed rides the incomparable Blue Ridge Parkway every year on one or another of his old motorcycles. Camps along the way -- at Willsville Motorcycle Campgrounds, and at Blue Ridge Parkway Motorcycle Camp. Before he leaves, Johnny packs up half a dozen cigars in each of six or eight little tin cookie canisters which he gets at the dollar store. (Gobbles the cookies first, of course.) Sitting beside a bonfire in the evening, swapping lies and keeping skeeters at bay with a good smoke, Johnny may spot an amenable target admiring his fine aromatic uppowoc anti-skeeter smudge. Soon as the conversation turns to see-gars, why Johnny Sotweedseed pulls out one of these canisters and BOOM. Deal with it. Oh, it's great fun, spreading the joys of baccy to fellers who never thought they might like to try a stogie.

Where was I? Oh. Nat Shermans. If I recall correctly, these Nats are mild and tasty smokes, simple, enjoyable, just the trick for newbish smokers who happened to get bombed by some campfire stranger atop the Ridge. Not too big; not too strong. Just right. I put in a bid.

Saturday I check my email. I won a box. Paypalled the dough. Here it arrives already this morning, delivered at 9 a.m. Now, that's service!

Gawd I love the innerwebz. Scored a buck twenty box of 25 Nat Sherman Host Selections for forty seven, delivered in a twinkle. In the good old days, I'd of had to hop a train to New York, find Nat's shop, and pay thru the New York nose.

Cute little cedar chest they came in. I'll get out there later and snap you guys a picture of it. Prolly smoke one, too.

Right now, tho, I got other work to do, cause....

a drumstick arrived in the mailbox today!

Status
Not open for further replies.