Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

it's coming!

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Don't ya love that when the email comes saying "your order has shipped"?

Next thing you know, you'll be checking yer tracking number five times a day, and then it will say: "Out for delivery".

Can't wait.

I do love the internet. Great way to get stuff. If it wasn't for Don, how would I ever order, say, Criollo 98 seco? Have to learn Criollonese and get a passport and fly to Criollonola and smuggle some back, if I didn't get rolled there in a dark alley.

Brown Thumb

Mine came today.

Shaft and bearings for Jacobs Tractor Trans.

BarG

Founding Member
I replaced the housing and shaft and bearings on one side of my mower and still waiting for the idler pully with a built in bearing. My grass is waist high standing on my tiptoes. My tractor for 20 grand will have to wait for next year.

BarG

Founding Member
Don't ya love that when the email comes saying "your order has shipped"?

Next thing you know, you'll be checking yer tracking number five times a day, and then it will say: "Out for delivery".

Can't wait.

I do love the internet. Great way to get stuff. If it wasn't for Don, how would I ever order, say, Criollo 98 seco? Have to learn Criollonese and get a passport and fly to Criollonola and smuggle some back, if I didn't get rolled there in a dark alley.
You best be looking out when you head up them dark alleys.

webmost

Rolled by a cruel Criollonolian.

It appears someone cleaned up our dirty jokes.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I replaced the housing and shaft and bearings on one side of my mower and still waiting for the idler pully with a built in bearing. My grass is waist high standing on my tiptoes. My tractor for 20 grand will have to wait for next year.

I just did that last week to my diesel Kubota. Popped out the idler bearings and pressed in some nice Kuboa replacements for 6 bucks a piece. My grass was about 3 feet high so when I was done I raked most of it up and mulched about 50 of my tobacco plants with it.

Those built in bearings suck! Instead of paying 12.00 for bearings like I did, you have to replace the entire thing for 80.00 or more dollars.

And speaking of "tracking numbers" I've noticed that a lot of companies that say "it's just shipped" really mean that they've created a label for it and it's setting in their warehouse waiting to be picked up in another day or two.

Bruck

I just got a notice that my 10-pack of Missouri Meerschaum seconds has shipped :)

quo155

Yay!

It's coming to you soon!

Heck YEA! Way to go!!!

Alright, bring it on!

Yes!

Yes Sir...it is on its way!

Yay!!!!!

:D

quo155

http://corncobpipe.com/10-pipe-grab-bag-of-smokable-seconds.html

I've read good reviews about this. I figure if 3 of them are good, I've broken even :) But the reviews say they usually all are good smokers, and sometimes they send extras.

Awesome...thank you! Thank you! It looks like a heck of a deal!

I have a buddy that is always "borrowing" cob pipes from me. He never brings the last one he grabbed, back to my Boars Nest...so the point is that I try to keep plenty around as they tend to disappear! This would help me...i.e.: him, tremendously!

Brown Thumb

Click on the History on the site. It Has a cool Vid.
I grabbed a 10 pack. Shipping is even cheap 8 bucks.
Thanks for the link.

BarG

Founding Member
Rolled by a cruel Criollonolian.

It appears someone cleaned up our dirty jokes.

That was me!

My last missing part finally came today but not before I made a deal with my neighbor to shred my front 3 acres of waist high grass for me doing all the weed triming on all the fence lines. It saved me a couple days work when bahaia gets that high.

Brown Thumb

I just got a notice that my 10-pack of Missouri Meerschaum seconds has shipped :)
Mine came today.1 Missouri Pride1 diplomat1 Mizzou7 Legands What did you get?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 59

Brown Thumb

Nice looking set of pipes there Brown Thumb. Can you see what makes them seconds?
The Missouri Pride and Diplomat Look very nice but the bits are a little loose. They don't fall out but should be tighter.
I was going to try a light coat of finger nail polish inside the stem.
The rest look good also. One has a small chunk of cob on the finish on the bowl. One has a sloppy glue job at the stem and bowl.
The rest just have a nick or rough around the inside or outside bowl edges.
I am happy with them, I wish more were bent, but hell it is a grab bag.
I have been smoking the Mizzou and really like it.

Brown Thumb

Maybe a wrap or two of Teflon tape would take care of of the loose bits.

Bob
I just gave that idea a try, Unfortunatly it just slides down the bit.
Too slippery. Good idea tho.
I just eyed up a can of schellac. I am going to give that a try.
I don't think it is too toxic.
BT

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
One technique I've used successfully on an ebonite bit is to shallowly score the tenon lengthwise with a knife. I've actually had 6 such cuts make it too tight to fit the mortise, and had to sand it. (I suppose you could do a spiral score as well.) I'm not sure how that would work with the plastic bits used on the MM pipes.

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.