Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben Brand

w1.jpg
Leaf before froglegging it.
w2.jpg
After frogleg.
w3.jpg
Before cutting wrapper, already on a very wet slab.
w4.jpg
After wrapper has been cut, try and stretch it to get a smooth wrapper.
w5.jpg
Ready to wrap.
w6.jpg
End result.

This works for me, my wrapper is in high case. Used to struggle a bit with the wrapping, but this works the best for me.
Very wet slab, stretch the wrapper, cut, stretch some more and wrap!!!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I usually wrap from the mouthpiece down to the lighted end, but hey! It works for you! Looking good!
All commercial cigars are wrapped from foot (lighted end) to head (mouth end). They tend to unwrap themselves, when wrapped backwards (wrapping from head to foot). Wrapping from foot to head allows me to use no glue for a cigar that I'm about to smoke. You may want to give the other direction a try (foot to head), and see if it makes the world a better place.

Bob

BarG

Founding Member
I agree with Bob on the direction of wrap. It works best for me as I often use no glue rolling 1 or 2 at a time. Those are nice looking cigars. I couldn't say where on FTT but there is a nice video of a factory that specializes in long thin cigars that use a very damp, wet surface to roll there wrappers. I have tried it and it works well. A little dry time and bwallah. A nice cigar.

BarG

Founding Member
I've found that very long, very thin cigars require either a long finger span (which I don't have) or a wet wrapper on a clinging board.

Bob
When I find the time I would like to locate and repost the video I am referring to. It is a very interesting video from a reputable manufacturer of If I am not mistaken based in italy. They don't use the fingers as much as the palm of their hand. They use one hand to manipulate and stretch the wrapper while the palm does the rolling. The wet damp surface has a clinging action on the wrapper.

Bruck

I've found that very long, very thin cigars require either a long finger span (which I don't have) or a wet wrapper on a clinging board.

Bob

Or long thick ones for that matter.
My technique is to use a dampened sheet of stainless for the wrapping, and after spreading the wrapper out, lift the cigar somewhat while pulling slightly just to keep it all taut. Works for me :)

ArizonaDave

Never had one unravel, and yes, I go with no glue on many. I've wrapped them both ways, no problem. On ones I hand out though, I do use a little glue just to ensure they don't cut the triple cap too far into the cigar.

I've got to the point I can crank out 10 to 20 cigars entubado rolled in about 2 hrs, good enough for me.

ArizonaDave

Ok, I concede guys! I was wrong.

I looked back at what I've rolled, and when I put the binder on 50% of the time, I'll roll the binder backwards, BUT I'll roll the wrapper from end to Mouthpiece.

Had a late night of back pain when I contested this, so just wanted to apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.