Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

hello looking for an electric shredder

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
It's a spice grinder than will make very good snuff from tobacco leaves, but will not do a good job of shredding for cigarettes.

Welcome to the forum.

forumdotabaco

forumdotabaco

you can use a driller with gabej models, for 100 Eu electric its the only solution.

all the electric models I know go for 500Eu minimum

www.skret.biz
as several electric models but they are expensive and most of them are not ready to cut stems, for that you will need a machine with blades, I've tested meat shredders,
shredders like that green one but for kitchen, coffee grinders, etc, , just forget about it.

BarG

Founding Member
FmGrowit did a test run on the powermatic shredder and made a video. I and many others bought one. The shredder is absolutely up to the par for shredding enough tobacco to keep your yearly supply. Mine is only 2 years old and no issues. When and if you buy the shredder, the powermatic electric spoon fed roller should be your next tool. The spoon fed as opposed to a rotary fed is much superior.

forumdotabaco

I thought on that several times lol, but you have to do the bricks, and you end up with 2 tasks, and more time added to the process.from my own experience better than 4 bladed machines only guillotine types.
the powermatic shredder is 1mm right ?

Knucklehead

Founding Member

BarG

Founding Member
Without a machine , your best bet is a guillotene cutter made from a file and a board. check early FTT pics for homade cutters.

forumdotabaco

0,7 its good, but import it to Europe, machine + customs would be around 500 or maybe even more

BarG

Founding Member
0,7 its good, but import it to Europe, machine + customs would be around 500 or maybe even more

you pay europe tariffs in portugal? I'm sorry you guys let em run you over. your more spainiard aint you. My point being that sucks its so expensive to import from the USA.

forumdotabaco

you pay europe tariffs in portugal? I'm sorry you guys let em run you over. your more spainiard aint you. My point being that sucks its so expensive to import from the USA.

lol yes from non European country's to European country's you have to pay taxes and customs.
you cant call a Portuguese spainiard lol that's an insult we have 900 years as an independent country, and we are a much bigger country than Spain, we have less mainland true, but our borders extend for 4.000.000 km in the Atlantic ocean

1.jpg

maybe that agreements that they now talk between EU and USA change that, we have one agreement with Brazil and I believe that customs taxes have been abolished, that may work as a work around the problem, but you were right when you said
"you pay Europe tariffs in Portugal?"
we dont but there are several places in european community that do, I just find out that now and they are

Alemanha (Buesingen), Espanha (Canárias, Territórios de Ceuta e Melilla, Andorra), França (Martinique, Guiana Francesa, Ilha da Reunião e Guadalupe), Grécia (Month Athos), Itália (San Marino e Vaticano), Reino Unido (Guernsey, Jersey, Ilha de Mann e Gibraltar).

Knucklehead

Founding Member
new powermatic gonna be for sold 3-4 weeks
and probably uses stainless steel so its gonna be
expensive
i cant aford that one,maybe a spice grinder?
anyone uses one?

What are you grinding for? Snuff, cigarettes, pipe tobacco? Your final use will make a difference.
For cigarettes, a spice grinder will grind much too fine.

PS- Welcome to the forum! I think you are our first member from the Netherlands. Don is going to have to change the name to FTT-Global. lol
If you get time, post a little about yourself in the Introduce Yourself sub forum. Thanks for joining.

Status
Not open for further replies.