Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar Glue

FrostD

I bought a lifetime supply of guar gum in an actual walk-into, use-a-shopping-cart, brick and mortar grocery store while I was already there to buy groceries. It cost me maybe four bucks. It works great.

That walk-into, use-a-shopping-cart, brick and mortar grocery store seems like such a foreign concept these days! Lol

In all seriousness, I see the grocery store options and to be honest, don’t know if certain options contain anything you should stay away from for using as cigar glue. I really don’t want to add any unnecessary chemicals, flavors, etc.

Im not in any rush as of yet and understand I may need to buy a couple to try out. Just looking for some additional expert feedback from you all. I just notice that some of the sellers of bulk powder glue options are hit and miss, here one day and gone the next, etc.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That walk-into, use-a-shopping-cart, brick and mortar grocery store seems like such a foreign concept these days! Lol

In all seriousness, I see the grocery store options and to be honest, don’t know if certain options contain anything you should stay away from for using as cigar glue. I really don’t want to add any unnecessary chemicals, flavors, etc.

Im not in any rush as of yet and understand I may need to buy a couple to try out. Just looking for some additional expert feedback from you all. I just notice that some of the sellers of bulk powder glue options are hit and miss, here one day and gone the next, etc.
The few times I have used a cigar glue of any sort was fruit pectin I purchased at the local grocery store in the canning section. It worked well for me and I didn’t experience any odd taste. Some folks taste something, I didn’t. I only used it three or four times and went back to no glue at all. I pigtail the head and hold that end with my either my fingers or mouth to prevent the wrapper from unwinding after trimming the end.

Homegrowngoodnes

Let's say you ran out of glue and for whatever reason, can't get to a place to get some but you need to roll some cigars. What do you use in a pinch that the average person might already have at the house?

MarcL

Let's say you ran out of glue and for whatever reason, can't get to a place to get some but you need to roll some cigars. What do you use in a pinch that the average person might already have at the house?
Think food grade or child safe. Bermocoll 320 is like wall paper glue. Something like syrup will remain tacky. Elmer's glue or a glue stick. Spit works.

Homegrowngoodnes

I understand how to make a smokable cigar. I have had good draw from the start. Occassionally they dont burn perfectly even but at some point usually even themselves out somehow. The idea is to do it better, to always improve. Or am I thinking sideways?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I understand how to make a smokable cigar. I have had good draw from the start. Occassionally they dont burn perfectly even but at some point usually even themselves out somehow. The idea is to do it better, to always improve. Or am I thinking sideways?
You are on the right track but only you can know at what point you are satisfied with the fruits of your labor. I roll and smoke a cigar once in a blue moon. I want fast, easy, and a light draw. My filler is too dry and I start wetting the wrapper a couple hours before I roll, the veins haven’t even fully softened up and they look like they came out of an ugly dog. In ten years of occasional rolling I’ve never attempted to make a pretty cigar and I’ve never attempted a cap. I twist the head into a pigtail and tie an overhand knot to hold it all together until I can get outside to smoke it. I don’t admire it, I don’t brag about it, I don’t post pics of it, I roll one, smoke it and enjoy it and they usually smoke like a house on fire. I’m perfectly satisfied doing that. I have great admiration for those that can produce beautiful cigars and I feel I could develop that skill if I applied myself. I just don’t care to. I just don’t want to spend the extra time to make a pretty cigar and burn it right back up, or make a perfect cap just to cut it right back off with a cigar cutter and burn the whole thing up with fire. I enjoy smoking cigars I just don’t care what they look like. I just don’t want a draw that seems like I’m sucking a really thick milkshake through a straw with my eyes bugged out and my cheeks drawn it. That me. You may want the whole shebang and that’s fine. That’s you. You’ll know when you’re satisfied and my point is that when you are satisfied you can produce a consistent cigar that you are satisfied with on a consistent basis, pretty or not, that’s up to you.

Homegrowngoodnes

Dont ask me what technique it is cuz its not exactly like anything i have seen but it always has a good draw! I kinda stack the leaves on a pile and kinda roll em up before i bind em. I fill in empty feeling places with a bit of scraps as i roll it in the binder. My binder was torn before i used it but like u said i want something smokable! Looks will come with experience. 16359560122488827750186050201465.jpg