Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar Glue

quo155

OK...when I started here, I was directed all over the place...in regards to cigar glue!

That's ok...as we all have an opinion and different tastes...

Nonetheless, I had (early on) ordered sugar free fruit pectin and have been using it since...on the small amount of cigars that I have rolled. So far, no taste issues at all, it worked perfectly and its not even "gone bad" on the cigars that went into my wineador. In short, it works perfectly for me...

But I do intend to switch some day, if I continue to enjoy rolling...as I want the Guar Gum, or the like. Why, for "old school" reasons...

So, back to what I first wrote here...this is a great (& needed) thread!

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I still use the pectin and the tapioca too. The pectin is the Ball classic pectin. I never took heart at the tast, It will feel waxy if You put on to much. I think knucks usses it as well, maybe some input from Him would be good here. quo155, I think You will find alot of different glues to use that all work. As I said befor,I used wall paper past with out a problem. If I had to and needed the smoke so bad, I would use a staple gun.;pun intended. Mad-

webmost

Dagdammit! It's all your guys fault!

I was happy as a clam in lobster season just using pectin, when you guys started talking about the citrus taste, and all about guar and tragacanth and those little furry xanthans that run around in the woods, so i went ahead and ordered cellulose glue from Amazon. Comes yesterday in a little box. Post office sets the box outside my front door. Rain hits -- (no, strike that) -- Downpour comes -- (nope, that ain't it) -- Frog Strangler -- (still not enough) -- Noah's Nightmare descends yesterday, floods the county, cars drowned out in the middle of the road, fire company driving by towing their rubber boat, takes me an hour and forty five minutes to get eight point one miles home, where I find my garage flooded out. So where's my glue? Floating on beautiful Lake WebMost. Soaked good.

If you hadn't started this glue topic I would never have ordered cellulose, the post office wouldn't have set it down in front of my door, so Motherbanger Nature wouldn't have felt like she had to flood my front walk, so my garage would never have flooded. That's plain logic. I'm blaming it on you.

Now I gotta spend the weekend removing soaked gyp board so the studs can dry.

Gdaddy

Wow! Sorry to hear of your misfortune. The pectin Gods must have gotten angry when they heard what you had done. (they get very bitter about any changes) :)

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Comes yesterday in a little box. Post office sets the box outside my front door. Rain hits -- (no, strike that) -- Downpour comes -- (nope, that ain't it) -- Frog Strangler -- (still not enough) -- Noah's Nightmare descends yesterday, floods the county, cars drowned out in the middle of the road, fire company driving by towing their rubber boat, takes me an hour and forty five minutes to get eight point one miles home, where I find my garage flooded out. So where's my glue? Floating on beautiful Lake WebMost. Soaked good.

If you hadn't started this glue topic I would never have ordered cellulose, the post office wouldn't have set it down in front of my door, so Motherbanger Nature wouldn't have felt like she had to flood my front walk, so my garage would never have flooded. That's plain logic. I'm blaming it on you.

Whatsa madder, caint you take a hint? Don't buy glue next time...seems pretty clear to me.

I bought a snow shovel on sale this past April. Everyone in N.E. Ohio can thank me for the no snow we're going to get this winter.

Bruck

I was happy as a clam in lobster season just using pectin, when you guys started talking about the citrus taste, and all about guar and tragacanth and those little furry xanthans that run around in the woods, so i went ahead and ordered cellulose glue from Amazon. Comes yesterday in a little box. Post office sets the box outside my front door. Rain hits -- (no, strike that) -- Downpour comes -- (nope, that ain't it) -- Frog Strangler -- (still not enough) -- Noah's Nightmare descends yesterday, floods the county, cars drowned out in the middle of the road, fire company driving by towing their rubber boat, takes me an hour and forty five minutes to get eight point one miles home, where I find my garage flooded out. So where's my glue? Floating on beautiful Lake WebMost. Soaked good.

Please don't buy a fan. We don't want any tornadoes around here! :)

SteveSatch

Is distilled water needed for mixing glue or is tap water OK to use?

quo155

That's some funny stuff right there...along with many others thereafter!

But, I am sorry for the flooding in your parts...hope it all dries quickly for ya!

ArizonaDave

I use Cellulose glue, but mostly Gum Arabic. Seems like it dries much faster to me. I read somewhere on the net, some people use flour and water (basically Elmer's glue). To each his own I guess.

BarG

Founding Member
That's some funny stuff right there...along with many others thereafter!

But, I am sorry for the flooding in your parts...hope it all dries quickly for ya!

Now you know why pectin is just fine,found in any local grocery. Heh heh. I would like to try the mail order but just more hassle.

Ben Brand

Been using Pectin for 3 years now, never had a taste or smelly problem, even with 1 year+ old cigars in a humidor.
What I do is putting a few drops of vanilla escence and a pinch of sugar in mine to mask these supposingly smells and tastes.
I must say I have no choice, but to use Pectin, I can`t get any other cigar glue in SA.

Gdaddy

Been using Pectin for 3 years now, never had a taste or smelly problem, even with 1 year+ old cigars in a humidor.
What I do is putting a few drops of vanilla escence and a pinch of sugar in mine to mask these supposingly smells and tastes.
I must say I have no choice, but to use Pectin, I can`t get any other cigar glue in SA.

Sugar is what's recommended by the food industry to help alleviate the bitter flavor. Like a band aid. Did you look into the OP's idea of using tapioca? Might make you cigars even better than they already are!

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Sugar is what's recommended by the food industry to help alleviate the bitter flavor. Like a band aid. Did you look into the OP's idea of using tapioca? Might make you cigars even better than they already are!

I like the honey and vanilla on the ones I flavor. Even almond and honey on the tip. The tapioca has no tast that I tried.

webmost

Smoking another one of these Nat Shermans which I scored for thre Johnny Sotweedseed project. Now that I've been schooled, I am convinced these are glued with pectin. I can taste the citrus tang around the cap.