Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar Glue

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Take 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ground tapioca (make powder with it), mix it with 60-100 ml warm water.(1/2 cup). Water will cloud ( not to worry) Put in micro wave for 15 second bursts (like how I said bursts?) Sounds Manly. Anyway- The clouding will go away. Now use it lightly. When it dries, it will not let loose. No citric acid and no tast. Will that help?

MarcL

I like this stuff. Gum Tragacanth, no bad smell or taste, a little goes a long way.

I'll take a half of teaspoon or so, to an once or so of distilled water and, bring it to a boil slowly in the microwave. stirring before and throughout boiling.

It only takes about 50 seconds or so.

I really need to make an exact recipe. I always just kinda mess with it.

This makes a thick paste that, I'll need to add a few drops of water to.

I'll cool it in the refrigerator before and after use.
It will thicken when cooled. and will thin out a little at room temperature.

And will need to ad water when it sits in the open air for too long.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Gum-Tragac...xEcd5bG8gISPm6g:sc:USPSFirstClass!21045!US!-1

moscca

View attachment 11103

I bought my glue with this seller, among other things, ships very fast, good service.
He told me to mix one small spoon of glue for four ounces of water.
If you buy more he gives you a discount !

Jan.

Jan.

Gdaddy

Excellent!!! Thanks for the links.

This information is what beginners should read before they start rolling. 'Get the right stuff... right from the start.'

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
View attachment 11103
I have some of this also.(don't know where now) I sure like the way tapioca works after it dries. And this glue cost far more and is a winner as well.
I add honey and cherry to the cap for My wife. (some times almond or vanilla) for Her.the tapioca holds fast.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
For any constipated cigar rollers out there who might have noticed that Citrucel (the laxative that dissolves in a glass of water) is methylcellulose, which seems like it would make a dandy cigar glue, it is also flavored and sweetened (with sugar or fake sweetener). If you like a little orange zing on your tobacco, Citrucel just might be the thing.

drugs.com said:
Active ingredient orange
(in each rounded tablespoon)
Methylcellulose (a non-allergenic fiber) 2g

Active ingredient sugar free
(in each heaping tablespoon)
Methylcellulose (a non-allergenic fiber) 2g

Inactive ingredients
Citrucel® Orange

citric acid, dibasic calcium phosphate, FD&C yellow #6, maltodextrin, orange flavors (natural and artificial), potassium citrate, riboflavin, sucrose, titanium dioxide, tricalcium phosphate

Citrucel® Sugar Free
aspartame, dibasic calcium phosphate, FD&C yellow #6, malic acid, maltodextrin, orange flavors (natural and artificial), potassium citrate, riboflavin
Bob

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
For any constipated cigar rollers out there who might have noticed that Citrucel (the laxative that dissolves in a glass of water) is methylcellulose, which seems like it would make a dandy cigar glue, it is also flavored and sweetened (with sugar or fake sweetener). If you like a little orange zing on your tobacco, Citrucel just might be the thing.

Bob
I think that would work. Any non toxic glue probably would Hum? This may sound strange, but I didn't have any thing to use one time- and I used wall paper past. It said non toxic all natural. I guess when burned will not put out toxic fumes by building codes. Thanks Bob, I will look at that too.

webmost

This may sound strange, but I didn't have any thing to use one time- and I used wall paper past. It said non toxic all natural. I guess when burned will not put out toxic fumes by building codes.
Smith tells me Bermacoll is the same glue used for wallpaper and tiles. It's just "food grade".

Gdaddy

Take 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of ground tapioca (make powder with it), mix it with 60-100 ml warm water.(1/2 cup). Water will cloud ( not to worry) Put in micro wave for 15 second bursts (like how I said bursts?) Sounds Manly. Anyway- The clouding will go away. Now use it lightly. When it dries, it will not let loose. No citric acid and no tast. Will that help?

Interesting. Is it completely tasteless?

Gdaddy

That is why I like it, The way it holds is amazing. Only a little is needed. So what do You think?

I'd certainly give it a try based on your recommendation. It needs to be ground into a powder? What's the best way? Doesn't get moldy? How long does it last before it goes sour?

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
What brand do you use?
Any tapioca will work. It is all made the same, so brand is not inportant. As far as saving it, I use what I need and wash the dish out. That stuff is cheap. Now to powder it, Mortis and pedel, coffee grinder, blender or even two bricks will work. I prefer the first method. The reason I grind it up is, tapioca when wet turns into fish eyes-So I grind it to powder. Now if You use it to finnish a cigar and want some flavoring. add vanilla or what ever to the past instead of water.

moscca

When I'm back home will give it a try, so I'll have 4 glues to compare.

Jan.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Ok, I'm going to throw a couple wrenches in the works here. A week or so ago, it was suggested to me to offer a "rolling glue" on the website. Knowing this "rolling glue" was used for making marijuana cigarettes with a natural leaf wrapper, I figured it would be worth at least giving it a shot. It was delivered today and considering cigar glue is the current number one topic, I immediately opened a bottle and tasted it.

The glue is sweet with little or no aftertaste, but it's in liquid form and takes a little while to dry. Realizing I've never tasted the glue I've been using for the past 4 years, I mixed up a small batch and was surprised by the slightly sweet taste.

The glue I've been using for the past 4 years is Guar Gum. I'll include a small bag of Guar Gum and a bottle of the "rolling glue" in every cigar leaf order from now on at no charge....even for orders not yet shipped (Steve).

Just a note....the guar gum absorbs about 20 times it's volume in water to create a thick paste that holds on contact. The liquid rolling glue sticks slightly on contact and needs a while to dry (depending on the rh where you use it).

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
WOW, If I knew You ordered that, I would not have posted this blog. And I found We not only went from how well the glues stick, to Going back to school eating it. I never thought of tast for My rolls, Just for Folks and My wife that likes a sweet tip. Thank God You didn't say grape. That is a very generous offer FmGrowit, Now sale will be up. My bad.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
There's no "my bad" about it. You're not a mind reader and I couldn't give two hoots if someone buys their glue somewhere. I'm giving it away.