Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hello from Phoenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Thanks for the input. These plants take a LOT of water.
The 20 plants in the back are 100 days old. I think that’s very slow growth and I think it’s a watering issue, the reason I think, is as follows:
It’s 105 degrees f. min. here every day & zero humidity. The plant only grows when the roots grow. Roots grow when looking for new moister. Every second day, the leaves droop and on the third day they WILT, ruining the leaves (I’ve lost many testing this). I have to water every second evening to prevent WILT from taking place the following (third) day. The soil at the bottom of the pail is always wet and the roots don’t have to grow in search of water.
Alternately, the season here is very long, into December and even then there’s no danger of frost. There might be one light frost in January every 5[SUP]th[/SUP] year. So, I’m hoping they live long in order to developa good crop.
Does this theory stand-up to scrutiny?
Will the plant grow that long (8-10 months)?
View attachment 11279
View attachment 11280
I grow all My bucket plants in white buckets due to the heat consumption from the sun. I also fill them with water to the brim every other day. In heat over 100 deg. I water every day. Ferts are a must. They eat it up fast as well. And Yes they will grow long life. If not frozen or frost. I think some Folks here have had them over three years. I however have not. They make nice house plants given the space and sun.

Old Putt Cigars

I grow all My bucket plants in white buckets due to the heat consumption from the sun. I also fill them with water to the brim every other day. In heat over 100 deg. I water every day. Ferts are a must. They eat it up fast as well. And Yes they will grow long life. If not frozen or frost. I think some Folks here have had them over three years. I however have not. They make nice house plants given the space and sun.

You're absolutely right. That's what I found as well - Watering every other day is sufficient to 100 f. But, when temps. are over 100 f. it's "every day" to the brim of the pail with a garden hose. I also do an all-over spray to cool them down daily. All done in the evening when the sun is off. African Red & Black Sea Samsun seem to be the most heat tolerant so far.

New Pics. as of 7-6-14:

7-6-14 A Small.jpg7-6-14 B Small.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.