Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A weather forecast I can live with

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
Finally it's gonna be half way decent weather.
The burley and the little yellow seem to be ok with the crappy weather but the Virginia's and the others don't do diddly

Ar4I6.jpg

dkh2

Southern Washington State I can see Oregon from my
This years spring has been the coldest in 30 or 40 years and with an all ready short growing
season here it really put's a damper on things here in Southern Washington State
It's losing an entire month of the season when the month of May is more like February

Ashauler

Founding Member
Highs are forecast in the 90's with lows in the upper 60's low 70's for the next week here. Both good and bad.......the plot will dry if we can avoid the late afternoon thunder boomers and tornados, which that much heat and this time of year make a real possibility around here.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Been over 100 for the last several days and no rain in last 7 weeks. Wow, its dry and hot, tobacco just existing.............

DrBob

Founding Member
It has been a wierd spring here in Wisconsin. Cold and wet up until about a week ago and then it changed to more normal. My tobacco plants have been in the ground for a week now and are starting to take off! It is just amazing how fast they are growing. Must be them good seedlings that I got from BigBonner.
Dr.Bob

Daniel

Banned
our forecast and past weather has been like dkh but without anything above 60. It snowed the night before last. My wifes tomato plants ore setting on the dining room table nearly 2 feet tall. Still can't even think about planting them out. We may not get a crop this year.

Lakota

Founding Member
June 4 here with snow, last 3 days we had frost. Lost 10% of my plants, even had them covered. Ah The Great White North, I wish we could move Alberta next to Kentucky as Bigbonner suggested. Russ

BigBonner

Founding Member
Its a HOT! 92 degrees here today. Humidity was high tobacco hanging in the barm was in a light case today . Soon the june sweat will set in .

I would like to have a little cool air from up north .If the weather was half like Alberta and half like Kentucky the weather would be perfect .
Im finally setting tobacco . My wife is sun burn . She kind of smell like bacon .Tomorrow she may smell like burnt bacon .

My plants was laying flat in the field today . They will raise back up and look good in the morning . Then after tomorrows heat hits they will drop flat again . After the third day they will most usually stay up .

I hate snow ,cold, hot humid weather , drought and too much rain . And I do complain alot .

indianjoe

Founding Member
BB, send some of that humidity south. Its still over a 100 each day with humidity around 30%, I hope not a preview for July and August.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I don't know how high the humidity is . Im going to have to get me one of those things so I will know when im sweatting .Water just poured of me while setting tobacco .

I just checked the local weather it says 90% humidity . wlex 18

Status
Not open for further replies.