Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

solar iragation system

Status
Not open for further replies.

webmost

Problem is: There actually has to be water there in the first place. So this would work well here in Dull-Aware (where it's raining like stink at any given moment), but would it work in Phoenix (where it last rained when the Buick broke a hydrant)?

forumdotabaco

The only active member in my forum is trying this, for this season, it seams to me that in my country tobacco needs more water lets see how it goes

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That design is actually a solar still, a concept taught in survival training. You can put salt water or urine in the contained cup, and the condensate that drips down the sides of the cover will be distilled water. I would guess that the drawback for tobacco is that you would need to set up a separate still for each individual plant, and laboriously replenish the water in the inner cup on a regular basis. So that would limit its application to a manageably small grow.

Bob

rustycase

for ALL the plants I grow, a much larger bottle would be needed.
but it looks like a fun concept !
you would probably enjoy sodis.
google it...
best
rc

Gmac

I saw an irrigtion system on the net that shows a new system the Isralis have developed using something that looks like long plastic cow troughs. They said it collects dew at night and waters the plants. I found that far fetched until I saw it with my own eyes. I'm building a metal building and have 50 long pieces of metal roofing stacked out in the open next to the site. It hasn't rained here but twice since the 1st of October, the humidity is running 40% 24 hour average. Here in Mississippi the average humidity is 70% and higher(mostly higher) Anyway when I look a the stack of tin every morning it has about 1/2 to one inch of water standing on it. I clean it off and next morning same thing.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
One question..... why were you looking on facebook???

D

If you use the "Reply With Quote" button when replying to a specific post, people will know who you are talking to without having to re-read the entire thread. The original post is six months old.

Status
Not open for further replies.