Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

theres something about hearing bagpipes being played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it's a very odd instrument.... you mainlly hear them on sad occasions like funerals.

but they have been incorporated. in everything from hard rock music [ ac/dc thunderstruck ] to a full orchestra.

i been up since 4 a.m. jamming you-tube.. with some good bagpipe music.. while scanning the f.t.t. site.

im sure my family is having some odd dreams. because i got these speakers blasting. i done woke up the dog's...

am i the only one who thinks this instrument is just awesome.???

id love to attend a bagpipe championship. where many bagpipe bands. compete. for the world title. and yes they do have this event.

steve earl sings a song '' copperhead road. it starts out with bagpipes and bacca.... im sure we can all appreciate that.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
ac/dc... you just gotta love that band. one of my all time favorites.

webmost

I adore a bra pibroch. One of my fave CDs is cauld wind pipes.

However the rest of the world mostly goes by the British adage that

"Bagpipes are fine at a distance. Scotland is about far enough."

ArizonaDave

i

am i the only one who thinks this instrument is just awesome.???

id love to attend a bagpipe championship. where many bagpipe bands. compete. for the world title. and yes they do have this event.

Go here next time they have an event: http://dunedinhighlandgames.com

They're in Pinellas county, Dunedin, FL. Should be a hop, skip, and a jump for ya' there in FL.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
Go here next time they have an event: http://dunedinhighlandgames.com

They're in Pinellas county, Dunedin, FL. Should be a hop, skip, and a jump for ya' there in FL.

thanks for the link.. i just may go check it out next year... of course if i drag my woman there, i'll definatlly owe her a night at the movies to see '' a chick flick ''

i just got done paying up on her chick flick.. she took me to see that movie '' the other woman ''... damn was i glad to get out of there..

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
I never thought I would enjoy hearing someone play a cello they rock
they do rock... you should watch all the songs they do...

when i was in germany in the 90's. i was stationed with a guy that played the cello........but he played classical music on it,,, these guys take that instrument to a whole new level.

quo155

Love the sound!

I was a part of a wedding once where they had about hundred folks playing some tune in the church...it was amazing, some 20+ years ago and I still remember it to this day!

Status
Not open for further replies.