Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Mach 1 gen 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I received the 6th generation Mach 1 today. It had been described as more of a shag cut, so knowing they've been working on this for some time, I figured I'd give on a test drive.

Upon opening the box, the first thing I noticed was the shredder was cracked on top. Next, there was a bunch of broken Styrofoam in the box with little styrofoam beads floating around everywhere.

crack.jpg

Assembly of the chute was not easy because there is no straight access to the screw head.

chute.jpg

continued post 2

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The drawer was somewhat difficult to open so when I finally did get it opened, I figured I'd just leave it open a smidgen and not fight it later. Only problem was the back of the drawer has a mechanism that needs to be engaged to allow the shredder to turn on.

drawer.jpg

After assembly, the first tobacco was sent through the shredder. A big handful of Prilep was put into the chute and the machine turned on itself (infrared eye).
The shredd is not particularly impressive, but it does remind me of the lessor expensive "pipe tobacco" cuts

shred.jpg

The shred on the left was a single pass, the shred on the right is a double pass.

Overall, I suppose this shredder will work if you're not to particular about the shred. The motor had no trouble pulling a large amount of tobacco through. I personally prefer a finer shred and perhaps Gen 7 might yield a more traditional cut.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You're a brave soul. Somebody has to be the first step in their quality control plan. Having just replaced a bathroom sink fixture this morning, I have to say that the phrase, "poorly engineered," comes readily to mind.

I think the shred is a little bit fine for a pipe shred, and a little bit coarse for a cigarette shred. Perhaps you can use it to shred documents.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Is the chute where you feed the leaves into the machine? Curious how that will work with big leaf.

Brown Thumb

These do look like they were paper shredders. is it the same mechanics?
I was wondering the same thing. I always called it a redesigned paper shredder with a leaf chute.
Any markings on who built it? I doubt it is there own shredder design. But a converted paper shredder. But I Am Good At being Wrong.
I also googled the bottom box and could not find any that matched that design.

MarcL

I think it's made by the same people that make the Fresh Choice Electric Cigarette Machine said this guy. 110 & 220 volt...

$_57.jpg

Gmac

I received the 6th generation Mach 1 today. It had been described as more of a shag cut, so knowing they've been working on this for some time, I figured I'd give on a test drive.

Upon opening the box, the first thing I noticed was the shredder was cracked on top. Next, there was a bunch of broken Styrofoam in the box with little styrofoam beads floating around everywhere.

attachment.php

Assembly of the chute was not easy because there is no straight access to the screw head.

attachment.php

continued post 2
I have one of these. I didn't install the screws in the chute therefore I can insert whole leaf in three or four at a time, nose to heel and come out with shreds the lenth of the leaf which is the way I store my tobacco that i'm going to smoke that month. In food grade buckets from bakery, with spin on gamma ray lids that have two gaskets,Air tight. I have one i Drilled a 1/8 inch hole in the bottom and vacum all the air out and quickley cover hole with tape allready halfway in place. you have to be real quick. I Have plugs to fit the holes, but I'm not that quick, so therefore the tape. Holds order or case as long as you want. I also have put the buckets in fermentation kiln using Amax's method with no problem, until I got my Ziplock boxes from Walm--t.
When I need some tobacco to make cigarettes I just grab about a 1/2 pound handful of the long shreds from the bucket which have been stored at 20% moisture and run it through the shreder, spread it on a 1/2 professional cookie sheet untill it reaches 14% moisture which is perfect for injecting. 18-20% storage-----14% injecting. Works everytime!!
Gmac

Gmac

Gmac, I read how you impart a partial vacuum to your tobacco during storage. How do you induce the vacuum?

I drill a 1/8 inch hole in bottom of a food grade 5 gallon bucket that has a gamma ray lid on it. Put tobacco in bucket at 18 to 20% moisture, that way It will not likely mould; and it shreds better at that level. Once I have the tobacco packed in the bucket I put about a four or 5 inch piece of duct tape on one side of the hole leaving enough room for the end of a shop vac or I use a portable orrick. Press the end of the hose firmley down over the hole and vacum until the side of the bucket are sucked in some, and then flip the rest of the duct tape over the hole quickly It will hold it's moisture for months. I check mine every three or four weeks, and then revacum.

Gmac

jolly

I drill a 1/8 inch hole in bottom of a food grade 5 gallon bucket that has a gamma ray lid on it. Put tobacco in bucket at 18 to 20% moisture, that way It will not likely mould; and it shreds better at that level. Once I have the tobacco packed in the bucket I put about a four or 5 inch piece of duct tape on one side of the hole leaving enough room for the end of a shop vac or I use a portable orrick. Press the end of the hose firmley down over the hole and vacum until the side of the bucket are sucked in some, and then flip the rest of the duct tape over the hole quickly It will hold it's moisture for months. I check mine every three or four weeks, and then revacum.

Gmac
That's a great process. I've been going through threads on tobacco storage lately in preparation for this year's grow. I'm going to need a better solution than mason jars.

Just one concern -- do the gamma ray lids cause the leaves to turn green?

Gmac

That's a great process. I've been going through threads on tobacco storage lately in preparation for this year's grow. I'm going to need a better solution than mason jars.

Just one concern -- do the gamma ray lids cause the leaves to turn green?

I.m sorry I meant Gamma Seal Lids. They are two pieces. The lid screws on, has two gaskets. Here's what they look like.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Gmac

Attachments

• Gamma Seal Lid.JPG
    Gamma Seal Lid.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 39
  • gamma-seal-lid 2.jpg
    gamma-seal-lid 2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 41

ChinaVoodoo

I like those lids. Regular lids are really tough to work with.

Might I make a suggestion, though. Instead of creating a vacuum, why not purge the atmosphere with CO2 or N2? Use a tank, and fill the bucket with a stem in the bottom, or put a small piece of dry ice in the bucket (not in direct contact with the plastic) let it sublimate and purge the air out, then seal your lid. I've read this in reference to long term bucket storage of grain.

Status
Not open for further replies.