Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Photo Tour of Nicaraguan Cigar Manufacturing

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
A couple of JR employees toured the cigar business in Nicaragua. They have posted scores of interesting photos:

Pilon_400.jpg

http://www.jrcigars.com/jr/index.cfm/hurl/evt=nica_gallery

Bob

quo155

That's pretty cool!

I love browsing through photos like these, you can learn A LOT just by observing. I can't ever seem to get enough of these...

Thanks for the share Bob!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Those pictures make me want to get into the business...or at least build a giant humidor and fill it with bundles of cigars. They can keep the boxes...no sense in hiding all those cigars.

quo155

You know...looking back thorough these photos for a second time, I noticed that I never saw an actual roller (employee) smoking a cigar. There were a few here and there with what appeared to be a tour group or a boss.

I wonder why...

You can't roll cigars and not be smoking one, right?

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
In many (maybe most) countries of the world today, smoking within a work environment is no longer legal. I know that is the case in Honduras. I'm not sure about Nicaragua.

Bob

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Bob, as of 5 years ago Nicaragua had no ban on workplace smoking, though I'm unsure as of now.

Source: http://chartsbin.com/view/3k0

Very fun to see these pictures though! When we were in Mexico we went past a cigar rolling shop, seemed very similar!

Ben Brand

Looked at the pictures, very good, couldn`t see them all, my pc being from the stone age. I just don`t know if i like the two tone cigars, especially with the green leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.