Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Pass on something you've learned in your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
As always, standard forum rules apply, keep it clean...

mine: wear earplugs; they might be a bit annoying but nothing like being partially deaf!

share your thoughts...funny, serious...strange. I'm curious to see what stuff you all got.

Ben Brand

Michibacy. Agree with you about the earplugs, Iv`e got a constant loud ringing in my ears, Dr`s cant do anything about it. In the army we were always supplied with earplugs, but being young and stupid we never used it, sitting shooting HE rounds in a 90mm Eland armoured car is a very loud experience.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Didn't deal with HE rounds much Ben, but I did work the pits for the marines and navy sniper teams, having 50 caliber rounds hitting above your head (sometimes, mostly they just went over) is a fun ordeal. Considering the hole they punched was larger than my thumb...it was kinda like being IN the thunder cloud....Very fun stuff :D

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Conrad Hilton said:
...the famous hotelier, Conrad Hilton (1887-1979), who was the founder of the premier Hilton hotel chain (and great-grandfather of Paris Hilton). On the USA’s television program The Tonight Show with host Johnny Carson (who hosted 1962-1992 prior to Jay Leno’s era), Carson interviewed an aged Hilton as a guest. Carson asked him to reflect on his long career and successes and answer what “message” he had for the public. With great gravity, Hilton paused momentarily before turning to the camera. “Please,” he pleaded, “put the shower curtain inside the tub!”

http://blogs.sas.com/content/cokins/2012/04/24/please-put-the-shower-curtain-inside-the-bathtub/

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Always wear clean underwear in case you are in an accident! True story- My mother always used to tell me as a kid to always put on clean underwear in case I'm in an accident . Well, one day (as an adult) I woke up and decided to go out and cut some firewood. I was supossed to go to my brother's house later in the day for a Christmas party. I figured since I was going to cut firewood I'd just wear the clothes from the day before, cut some wood, take a shower and go to my brother's. So I go outside and proceeded to run the chainsaw into my knee, slicing the flesh wide open. I pinched the wound together, hobbled to the house and got my wife to drive me to the ER. The doctor peered at the wound and said to me "We can either cut those jeans off above to knee or if you want to save them we can gently remove them. Even though my mom had passed away a few years ago I clearly heard her say..." Always put on clean underwear". Knowing that my underwear was quite "soiled" at this point I told them to cut the pant leg off.

So yes... Always wear clean underwear.

quo155

When shooting...hearing protection is a must. I used to think it was only at the range, or when firing a lot of rounds. I grew up deer hunting with rifles but we never used ear plugs, that I can remember. I now wear a powered headset when hunting, it cuts out any possible firing sound...and I can turn them up and hear all the critters, since I've ruined my ears over time...with loud music! Then, being a gunsmith and shooting often in my shop into my bullet trap...EVERYONE has to wear them, no matter where they're at in the shop!

My thing to "pass on", is one that everyone should know...remember...meditate on...and pass on to others that may not be so wise: If you're married, the wife...yes, HER, she's ALWAYS right, no matter how WRONG she may be, she's still right!

webmost

She can do anything you can do better, but you better take out the trash.

Gdaddy

Two quotes I always remembered and pass down to my family.

The one my mother always said to me ..." the three most important letters in the alphabet are T R Y. "

One other pass down is..."It's better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all". (remember this when your attempting a triple cap) :)

IanA2

I was told that you should always have a good pair of boots and a bed. And be in one or t'other.

jojjas

The easiest solution on problem , is the hardest to figure out
Thats is a lession i learned
So keep everything simple

Ben Brand

Never under estimates somebody else`s intelligence or don`t judge a book by its cover. Sometimes we meet people, and we think the person is not on the same level than we are, but as things go on you realize that this person is completely the opposite what you thought they were, and that could go both ways, good or bad!!!!!

garryricketson

As always, standard forum rules apply, keep it clean...

mine: wear earplugs; they might be a bit annoying but nothing like being partially deaf!

share your thoughts...funny, serious...strange. I'm curious to see what stuff you all got.
On the ear plugs, yea, I wish I had known better before.
When I was a truck driver, I started having trouble with "ringing in my ears", it got so bad, especially one summer, when the air conditioner in my truck broke, for about a month I always had the windows down, the wind,and other noise from out side traffic,..so I went to a doctor, he recommended to start using ear plugs, they helped, a lot.
With the work I do now, ear plugs are a necessity too, grinding and cutting stone, all day. Inspite of the act that I do use ear plugs, mostly due to the damage that occurred before I used them, I am about 7/8 deaf, everything sounds like I am listening to a broken speaker,...and constant ringing in my ears. It is very difficult to understand what people are saying.

Michibacy

Northern tobacco grower
Gdaddy, very true. Things such as Horse Chit Tea or Chicken Crap Cake are definitely "no" items for me...

Status
Not open for further replies.