Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New hookah

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcL

That's nice. Set it on the ground and sit and go at it. I plan on doin this sometime and I'm thinkin that's how I want it.

Boboro

Yea It came with the green one. I wanted a big base. They sent the wrong bowl and it want work with the Kaloud very well so Im back to usin foil. Never order from Hookahset.

leverhead

The Turkish bowls I have are thrown like a pot on a wheel, they have thick walls. They aren't fired very hot, the up side is, they soak up allot of water so it's almost impossible to overheat them. The downside is that they are very fragile. I usually soak my bowl in water about 20 min. before I fill it, it makes a nice cool smoke with a big coal on top.

leverhead

I did it by accident first, I washed out a bowl right before reusing it. The clay soaked up quite a bit of water and smoked much cooler. Taking it to the extreme, I soaked the next bowl and it worked great. I've been doing it ever since. The thin wall slip cast don't do it very well, the glazed ones not at all. I'll be smoking a few bowls today, I'll weigh the bowl before and after soaking to see how much water they pick up.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
One method of roasting uses an unglazed crock that is first soaked in water.

roemertopf.jpg

It functions by first steaming the contents as the crock slowly heats.

Bob

Boboro

Its a cheep pipe but still a good one. I think that's the dogs job. Its almost all they do. Sometimes they bark. They beg for food an crap in the yard too.

Status
Not open for further replies.