Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Seed bank

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

Don't get too excited about what it said.

I guess everyone was so hung up on the "1000 year old" line, they failed to question the obvious. "What were they doing digging at an ancient Indian burial site?" "Did they have permission?" "How did they know how to plant the seeds?" and so on.

On the 1,000 years (which seems like a conveniently rounded number), yes, there has been a history of reviving seeds dating up to 4000 years old. From Egypt, Siberia, and from the South Pole. Yes, even in the Americas.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
If you look into the history behind very old seeds they are usually long on story and very short on... Well... Carbon dating. I have enormous doubt about this particular seed. Likely they were obtained from the right region by locals from local seed, such as the Egyptian wheat story.

grgfinney

All I know is that it turned out well a large leafed rustica, smells like cat pee when it is near maturity and after air drying it smells like a very potent tobacco and smells pretty good

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Can't wait for a smoke report Greg, i agree, who cares what the name is if the product is good.

DGBAMA

I agree. Results hold the trump card, the name is secondary. Look forward to hearing how it smokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.