Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

What do you think this is? Leaf spots

Status
Not open for further replies.

garryricketson

These "splotches" started appearing about a week ago, at first there was just a couple, now they are bigger,and showing up on more and more plants, especially the older,larger plants and leaves.
I am thinking I should cut the leaves off, ??? Does any one know what it is ?
SAM_1187.jpgSAM_1188.jpgSAM_1189.jpgSAM_1190.jpgSAM_1191.jpgSAM_1192.jpgSAM_1193.jpg
Thanks

garryricketson

Thanks, I still am not sure what it is,though. So I removed all the leaves that have it, so far it has not re-appeared, on the rest.
When they are dried and cured, I will see, if they don't taste right, I will through them away.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I have a few leaves on different varieties that look like that. One possible cause is one day it was hot and sunny and a thunderstorm blew up real fast, rained about 20 minutes and then the clouds moved right back out. Some of the leaves got a little scalded from that water with sun before and after so soon. It may be the left over results of a scald. That's just a guess from looking at my leaf and the way they acted after that thunderstorm.

garryricketson

That is interesting, we have had some of that here now too, it is really hot, sometimes a few clouds come, and it might just rin a little, then the sun comes back out,...We had a real heavy rain, but that was at night. The spots did appear after that, and the "day" showers, started after the first heavy rain too. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.