Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How about a "New Cigar roller" how to area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

Ha ha ha ha! Actually Bob has a great point on that thread. I started with paper towels as a mold, it did help me get a better feel for the rolling. It is motor coordination training, just like an instrument, I'm a retired professional. Although rolling is a bit easier. However I do think it's time I bought one of your Proper Molds!

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
That thread is pure blasphemy...rolling a cigar without a mold. Blasphemy, I tell you...BLASPHEMY!
I found one but the price was out of the question. I cut a thick plastic bottle in a spiral, and hand held the stick wrapped in paper for a little while. It worked. So a mold is a very good idea. My sticks come out far better than My hand rolled sticks without the mold. Thanks for the input Don.

ArizonaDave

I found one but the price was out of the question. I cut a thick plastic bottle in a spiral, and hand held the stick wrapped in paper for a little while. It worked. So a mold is a very good idea. My sticks come out far better than My hand rolled sticks without the mold. Thanks for the input Don.

That's an interesting concept, maybe we could have a "Starting out" with what you have on hand area, then one like a "Step two", with a Professional Cigar Mold. I've been meaning to make some videos, but for me that's a Fall time proposition right now. Would love to also have an area where FTT members could post their techniques too. It could really help promote the site, and also WLT.

ArizonaDave

Mad, I might do something similar until I get my molds. I have a 2 liter soda bottle on the counter I can grab. There's a couple of mold sizes that interest me that Don has. I just saw an excellent video Gdaddy made that should be added to this new forum.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Bob, it may help more if you put that link into the "Tobacco Growing FAQ" page (link at top).
Good idea. The link now appears in the "FAQ" forum post and the "FAQ" page that is reached by the menu item. (They're different.) It will not appear in the downloadable .pdf.

Bob

Gdaddy

You guys are the users of the site, just let me know what you want and I'll create the forums and sub forums you want.

Here's my two cents...

The forum directory should have an addition.

On the opening page there is 'Cigar Tobacco' to discuss all aspects of growing. Then a sub-forum ...'swaps and gifts' There is no mention of cigar rolling. Cigar rolling should certainly have it's own main heading yet it doesn't even have a sub forum mention. When a new potential cigar roller, who's looking for information, opens the main forum page there is NO mention anywhere of cigar rolling. It should be front and center with a main heading but currently doesn't even exist.

I believe should look like this when you open the forum directory...

Cigar Tobacco...
Sub forums: swaps and gifts

Cigar Rolling...
sub forums: 'Beginners tips and videos' 'Rolling tools and accessories' 'Cigar tobacco blends' 'Photos, show your sticks'

Many people come here looking for cigar rolling information and quickly turn away because they think it's just for growing and no mention of rolling. Currently all these cigar topics are sort of Willy Nilly and the above addition would sort them out and direct people to exactly what they're looking for.

Thoughts? Am I missing anything in the sub-forum?

Thanks to Arizona Dave for pointing this out.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
CigarTobaccoForumScreenCapture.JPG

How difficult is that?

Bob

Gdaddy

CigarTobaccoForumScreenCapture.JPG

How difficult is that?

Bob

Does that currently exist?

When the person who is new comes to this site will they know to go to a sub forum of 'swaps and gifts' to find information about cigar rolling? So the short answer is yes, it is difficult. It needs to be front page as a main forum.

I have a better chance of finding information about hunting and fishing than I do about rolling cigars since there's a forum for that but not for rolling cigars.

moscca

When the person who is new comes to this site will they know to go to a sub forum of 'swaps and gifts' to find information about cigar rolling? So the short answer is yes, it is difficult. It needs to be front page as a main forum.

I have a better chance of finding information about hunting and fishing than I do about rolling cigars since there's a forum for that but not for rolling cigars.

+1

Boboro

Altho we do love our cegar rrollin we are a growin fourm. But we should make it easyer to find . So yea. easyer to find.

Status
Not open for further replies.