Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How about a "New Cigar roller" how to area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
There are a lot of ways to roll a cigar as well as snus. cigs, snuff and any number of ways to prep tobacco. The area of post is to help on what is looked for. I find everything from A to Z here. vidio's and all. READ, READ, READ. It was posted to help, everything as stated by Don and delux- as well as knucks. If they leave, It was because They won't take time to read and learn.

ArizonaDave

There are a lot of ways to roll a cigar as well as snus. cigs, snuff and any number of ways to prep tobacco. The area of post is to help on what is looked for. I find everything from A to Z here. vidio's and all. READ, READ, READ. It was posted to help, everything as stated by Don and delux- as well as knucks. If they leave, It was because They won't take time to read and learn.

Yes. Considering there's a lot of searches out there, some may be searching, but not necessarily take the time to read all posts. I just thought it would be easier to have an area for them to go to, and would be easier to refer people to.

Gdaddy made this video that I think should be considered for this site: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPRRrhx8NA8

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Click on the "Cigar Tobacco" forum. All the threads, including those that discuss rolling, are right there. The "Swaps" sub-forum is a different branch of the hierarchy.

Bob

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Will You post one AZD for Us? You roll from head to foot? ( I do as well some times) Don will put that in the archive I am sure. I am interested in You'r roll tech. I'll send You some seeds ? Nice first grow buddy. Mad-

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I think only Bob or Don can create new forums and there will be more to it than just naming a new forum. One of them will have to go through the 300+ threads in the Cigar Tobacco forum and pull out the threads that relate to rolling cigars to insert into the new forum. That's a lot of work and I imagine they have their hands full with not only running the forum, but also running WLT and growing tobacco. There is another option that can mostly be done by the guys wanting a "Cigar Rolling for Newbs" area.

Start a thread with a title such as "Cigar Rolling", "Cigar Rolling Related", "Cigar Rolling Info", etc. Begin placing your videos and all new stuff there as posts. Then you guys can go through the threads in the Cigar Tobacco forum and place a link in a post in that new thread to the cigar rolling related threads already in the Cigar Tobacco forum. Please put an introduction to what the thread is about in the post that contains that link. Then the thread can be made a sticky (like rainmax's habano rolling video from Cuba) that will remain at the top of the Cigar Tobacco forum threads. That won't take Don or Bob but a couple of minutes to make a sticky and all the info can be accessed from that one thread.

It may not be the perfect solution, but it will get all cigar rolling info into one place. Personally, I think cigar rolling consists of three or four "rules of thumb", like which direction the veins run, the best case for wrapper, binder, filler, and maybe watch a video or two. The rest of it is practice, practice, practice. All the posts or videos in the world won't take the place of rolling cigars to learn how.

Comments from all concerned are welcome. Especially the guys that will have to do it.

Gdaddy

One could argue that if a person searches long enough they will find what they're looking for. So if they leave it's their fault because they didn't take the time to search.

It's clearly a better way to have items categorized. For example if your looking for a cigar mold the logical place to look would be in the 'Rolling tools and accessory' forum placed under 'Cigar Rolling'. Bingo... taken right to what I'm looking for.

Would a newbie really expect to find information on cigar molds under a 'Cigar Tobacco' heading? No, they'd expect to find things about cigar tobacco as the title suggests. There's no indication there are any other categories. Poof..they're gone.

A 'beginners' sub-forum under "Cigar Rolling' would be very helpful to those just starting out as Arizona Dave pointed out. There by increasing their chances of success.

webmost

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Jeez, I don't see the advantage to that. Us beginners want to be in the same group as Deluxe and Gdaddy such not golden hands. Newbs can't learn much from other newbs.

Who says it's a group for newbs? It's just a group for cigar rollers. All cigar rollers. In addition to the threads, not instead of them.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
The name says so: "New Cigar Roller"

Sorry. I went off topic. I just meant a general purpose cigar group for cigar smokers and rollers to gather and chat in real time. In Groups, it's no holds barred. If somebody doesn't like what's going on, they just quit going to the Group. The only semi-active group going on now is one about music. A cigar group would be way cooler.

ArizonaDave

Sorry. I went off topic. I just meant a general purpose cigar group for cigar smokers and rollers to gather and chat in real time. In Groups, it's no holds barred. If somebody doesn't like what's going on, they just quit going to the Group. The only semi-active group going on now is one about music. A cigar group would be way cooler.

I appreciate all the great ideas, and there's tons of good suggestions, especially on page 5. Why can't we make it easier starting a group page (like the growing, curing, etc. group) then filling it in.

Why make Don or anybody do all the work? We all can pitch in, all we need is a blank format specifically with topics underneath like Cigar rolling 101 where we can add the videos (everybody has their favorite videos) on How to start, and intermediate and advanced techniques, where to buy (WLT), and any idea that supports growing FTT and WLT into a bigger business. There's nothing out there like that for Cigars.

Knucks, yes, a Cigar group is way cooler!!! I can type, but don't know enough on how to set up an area like that computer-wise.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I just created a Group named "Cigar Speak". It is an open Group that anyone can join, no invitation necessary. I think you can join through your Profile. Check there first.

You might get to it from here: http://fairtradetobacco.com/group.php
You may have to join, after that, it will be in your profile.

ArizonaDave

Will You post one AZD for Us? You roll from head to foot? ( I do as well some times) Don will put that in the archive I am sure. I am interested in You'r roll tech. I'll send You some seeds ? Nice first grow buddy. Mad-

I may have to wait until mid-August, I'm a little busy rolling cigars for a send out to promote WLT to Cigar smokers that are interested in rolling.

The problem is, I was one of those who skimmed over this site, and I'm not the only one, Just because there wasn't a distinctive section that had Cigar videos and sub sections. It had nothing to do with wanting to read (I read a lot now), I was just searching to see if anyone had a "how to" area. Youtube is time consuming trying to scan through so many videos, took me 3 months before I rolled.

To boost WLT and FTT, there definitely needs to be a designated area (leave blank, we fill in) where a New to Cigar rolling is a dominant feature making it easier for a searcher to determine whether it's feasible to join a group of what I thought was just farmers (I know better now) thanks to Gdaddy who ended up joining first.

Mad, I wouldn't have met great people like you, Bob, Knucks and the crew without that introduction. Likewise, I would have never started a grow without your help and seeds!!! I'm having a blast now!

ArizonaDave

I may have to wait until mid-August, I'm a little busy rolling cigars for a send out to promote WLT to Cigar smokers that are interested in rolling.

The problem is, I was one of those who skimmed over this site, and I'm not the only one, Just because there wasn't a distinctive section that had Cigar videos and sub sections. It had nothing to do with wanting to read (I read a lot now), I was just searching to see if anyone had a "how to" area. Youtube is time consuming trying to scan through so many videos, took me 3 months before I rolled.

To boost WLT and FTT, there definitely needs to be a designated area (leave blank, we fill in) where a New to Cigar rolling is a dominant feature making it easier for a searcher to determine whether it's feasible to join a group of what I thought was just farmers (I know better now) thanks to Gdaddy who ended up joining first.

Mad, I wouldn't have met great people like you, Bob, Knucks and the crew without that introduction. Likewise, I would have never started a grow without your help and seeds!!! I'm having a blast now!

Knucks, tried to find, where is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.