Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How about a "New Cigar roller" how to area

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I've got the new forum started. It needs more work, but I don't have time right now. Let me know (in this thread) what changes need to be made. Forum titles, order, content can all be changed or rearranged.

http://fairtradetobacco.com/forums/98-How-to-roll-a-cigar

Any mod can move any post to any sub-forum...if you are so inclined

Don, I've moved all the cigar rolling threads from the Cigar Tobacco forum, but it won't allow me to move anything to the sub-forums. No hurry. Just let me know when it's fixed.

Gdaddy

Excellent news Don!! That is looking fantastic and easy to find right from the opening front page. A special thanks goes out to Knucklehead for all the effort getting this organized!!!

Muggs

Banned
Cigar Roller - Cuban Finish

Hopefully, we get that set up (Don)...and these can be moved there...or I'll gladly repost them!

There are several other great "bunching" videos...but these have become very easy to follow.
Not sure.but what i have found, is each part of a plant from the bottom to the top is used different in cigars. The bottom leaf is the filler.the mid section of the plant is the binder.an the top section is the rapper.
An seem to me, each part is processed differently. An then aged
One cigar maker, I watched put that tobacco in 100 lb bags an stacked it.
For a yr are more.

Charly

Not sure.but what i have found, is each part of a plant from the bottom to the top is used different in cigars. The bottom leaf is the filler.the mid section of the plant is the binder.an the top section is the rapper.
An seem to me, each part is processed differently. An then aged
One cigar maker, I watched put that tobacco in 100 lb bags an stacked it.
For a yr are more.

I don't know where you found those informations, but they are not really correct...

Cigars are often made with 3 parts : the filler, the binder and the wrapper.
The tobacco used for each part has no relation to the height of the leaves on the plant.
In typical fillers you have tobacco from the bottom (volado) + tobacco from the middle (seco) + tobacco from the top (ligero) in different proportions (depending on what you aim at).
These tobacco can come from different varieties or from the same (again, it depends on what you want to achieve)
Then you have the binder, which is often from a different variety (grown specially for this purpose)
And finally you have the wrapper, which is often from a different variety too.

Good cigar tobacco is generaly "fermented" then aged for many months/years before it is rolled into a cigar.

Muggs

Banned
I don't know where you found those informations, but they are not really correct...

Cigars are often made with 3 parts : the filler, the binder and the wrapper.
The tobacco used for each part has no relation to the height of the leaves on the plant.
In typical fillers you have tobacco from the bottom (volado) + tobacco from the middle (seco) + tobacco from the top (ligero) in different proportions (depending on what you aim at).
These tobacco can come from different varieties or from the same (again, it depends on what you want to achieve)
Then you have the binder, which is often from a different variety (grown specially for this purpose)
And finally you have the wrapper, which is often from a different variety too.

Good cigar tobacco is generaly "fermented" then aged for many months/years before it is rolled into a cigar.
So you can age Burley

Status
Not open for further replies.