Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

How about a "New Cigar roller" how to area

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

Lately, it seems like there are a ton of Cigar smokers out there who would buy and roll Cigars IF there was a step by step process in place, similar to the "How to grow" area on FTT.

On a good note, it seems like WLT's new selection of beginners kits is definitely a step in the right direction with some winning blends! Let's list our ideas here.

~Thanks!

webmost

There are way too many "how to roll" videos, all of which turn out to be a "how to wrap" demonstration. There are just about zilch "how to bunch" videos. Try and find, for example, a single "how to select and prepare a binder" vid, or a "what to do with them until they are ready to smoke" vid, or any of the rest of it other than wrapping.

I would be glad to make such vids except for the simple fact I got no clue what the heck I am doing.

Tell you what, tho: I'd love to go up to Bethlehem and see that Franklin guy at work. Been thinking about giving him fifty bucks for an afternoon. Take him up a blend kit and have him instruct what to do with it.

==============

I dug into one of Don's blend kits this weekend. The sabroso medio. Wrapped up the first batch of ten perfectos last night. Those wrapper leaves are absolutely delicate and beautiful beyond description. Smells wonderful. I have high hopes for smokability. This kit will prolly put out twenty cigars, except that I stole some of the wrapper for another project.

quo155

I agree, we do need "How To Roll Cigars" area. We have a cigar leaf growing area...but this place (FTT) has become the number one forum for cigar rolling!

quo155

There are way too many "how to roll" videos, all of which turn out to be a "how to wrap" demonstration. There are just about zilch "how to bunch" videos. Try and find, for example, a single "how to select and prepare a binder" vid, or a "what to do with them until they are ready to smoke" vid, or any of the rest of it other than wrapping.

I would be glad to make such vids except for the simple fact I got no clue what the heck I am doing.

Tell you what, tho: I'd love to go up to Bethlehem and see that Franklin guy at work. Been thinking about giving him fifty bucks for an afternoon. Take him up a blend kit and have him instruct what to do with it.

==============

I dug into one of Don's blend kits this weekend. The sabroso medio. Wrapped up the first batch of ten perfectos last night. Those wrapper leaves are absolutely delicate and beautiful beyond description. Smells wonderful. I have high hopes for smokability. This kit will prolly put out twenty cigars, except that I stole some of the wrapper for another project.

You're right webmost...there are tons of videos on how to roll a cigar, but they are really just on how to wrap them. Here are some great videos I found (maybe here, I can not remember how I go0t to them last week) on the different bunching techniques. (There are 8 videos in all.)

Cigar Rolling - Introduction

(So, if someone else had posted these...I'm sorry!)

quo155

Cigar Roller - Cuban Finish

Hopefully, we get that set up (Don)...and these can be moved there...or I'll gladly repost them!

There are several other great "bunching" videos...but these have become very easy to follow.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Do you want the videos moved to the new forum?

It would be best if we had sub forums to the "How to roll a cigar" forum. Also the name of the forum(s) can be whatever you guys want.

Brainstorming session is now open.

quo155

Hey Don, yes (on moving videos)...and thank you!

Like I said earlier, Dave had an awesome idea! Props to him!

Maybe...
A sub forum under "Cigar Tobacco" entitled "Rolling Cigars - How To", or the like...
Also, maybe another sub forum title, "Cigar Blending", or the like...

That will add a great dimension to this place...as more and more people on other forums come here to learn "truly" how to blend & roll. Just my thoughts...

Again, thank you Don!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member

MarcL

I like the idea. It made me think ... did this already exist? So I go to cigar tobacco and start scrolling though the 15 pages of stuff and, it can take some time to search out cigar rolling techniques or, how too roll.

It seems the varying degree of interest could be as high as the amount of cigar brands, I could imagine.
I mean being a hand craft or art form, like being a guitarist, there are rhythm, lead, studio and performance guitarist. Not to say we don't become more interested as we go, I mean I did.
It's sometimes we don't or, we have our own individual incremental intrests I guess. And having one spot to learn rolling and stuff could save time, or have a direct connection to it.

BTW I'm not sure if I remember this thread.

http://fairtradetobacco.com/threads/131-Learning-to-Roll-a-Cigar-an-Abstract-Comment

Status
Not open for further replies.