Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

WholeLeafTobacco Dark Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

holyRYO

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Dark-Air-2012-crop-1GROS.htm

First impressions as a cigarette tobacco. This was never really high up on my radar, but was only "cigarette tobacco" I have not tried, and I was always curious... till a gift from the Tobacco Gods sampled it to me as part of the forum appreciation goodies... simply devine tobacco intervention.

Is it really a cigarette tobacco? What good is it without being dark fired? Isn't it just for chew, dip, snuff, and the like? Surprisingly, a great cigarette blender. First off, taken back by how much less harsh it is than the Burley and even the Maryland. Tried it plain and heavly toasted, both fairly smooth, with the toasted better all around.

The leaf is like leather, super thick and meaty. Mild earthy aroma. Taste is just plain natural tobacco like, not strong tasting at all. What one would expect given an unkown tobacco that was not flue cured or cased/flavored/sweetened, just plain tobacco goodness and uneventful. Thinking I stumbled on the perfect "burley substitute", a neutral blender that brings good burn, ph magic, body, lots of smoke, and nicotine that also does not dominate the other flavors? Well turns out, when blended with virginias, the mild flavor defies logic and will be front and center in decent blend percentages. Knucklehead's type blend seems to be the key, a little bit of everything, this makes a fantastic strong cigarette.

Nicotine is high and long lasting, can't say it's more than the Burley, but definately up there.

So far, I really like the Dark Air, a great body and nicotine booster type blender. I even think it's better than the Burley because of it's relative smoothness and less dominate flavor. I need more nicotine in my diet, I will definately buy a pound with my next order.

DGBAMA

Could not agree more. Great blender to bring out full tobacco flavor and boost nicotine without being harsh. A little goes a long way.

leverhead

It was my first venture outside the normal for cigarettes. I've been using it 1 part DA to 2 parts MD to blend with FC and Turkish for a couple of years, I'll let what Burley I have age a few more years before I try it again. The only complaint has been other people in the shop when I have more than 10% DA in a blend, they've said the stale smoke smells bad.

ArizonaDave

http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Dark-Air-2012-crop-1GROS.htm

So far, I really like the Dark Air, a great body and nicotine booster type blender. I even think it's better than the Burley because of it's relative smoothness and less dominate flavor. I need more nicotine in my diet, I will definately buy a pound with my next order.

I'm glad you posted this!!! I've been looking at that Dark Air for a couple of months now, wondering what type of flavor it would bring. I love Earthy aromas! Once again, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.