Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

AZDave's 1st grow blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaDave

I've seen how great everyone's grows are doing fantastic this year, I figured I'd give it a shot for an Arizona Fall grow. Our weather is different in different locales across the state, and we're in the hotter area in the Summer, but we have a Fantastic Fall, Winter, spring, with very little frost or none usually present in Jan-Feb. I will also do a spring grow for more variety if successful with this grow. All tips and pointers are welcome, especially from the established growing crowd and those with similar weather.

ArizonaDave

This grow would not be possible without MadOshea, who kindly donated seeds to me recently. All thanks goes to him, my mistakes go to me to improve.

100_5318.jpg

The bigger one was started a couple weeks earlier, it's black mammoth. I also have ergo burley, VA Gold, Little Dutch, and I'm planting Ishmir later this week. I'll also be transferring some of the multiple sprouts to new cups. I noticed I should have strained this soil to remove the small wood pieces.

Brown Thumb

Good Luck. You will Come Down With Baccy Fever Soon if you have not caught it yet.
Sorry to say They have not Found a Cure for it Yet.
BT

Old Putt Cigars

Excellent! Do you intend to plant in pails or the ground? If I can come up with the pails I’ll try a fall season grow also and we can compare methods since we’re both in the valley. MadOshea has helped me a great deal also. Good people around here.

ArizonaDave

I have some 6 gallon pails here, heavy industrial food grade type, I'm thinking the black mammoth can go in there, maybe the little dutch. I don't know, the others just might go in the ground?

ArizonaDave

I just put the bigger plant (Black Mammoth) in a bigger container, and letting it get used to the morning sun. I have a plastic dome covering it, and it's working like a Terrarium! Have to get it used to the heat little by little.

ArizonaDave

Your first grow will impress your ass. And save you a lot of money in the long run. Thanks MadO for helping.

It's already impressing me! I took that first plant, and am getting it accustomed to the morning rays. It now has a 1 gallon dome on top, kind of like a Terrarium. Remember those?

Status
Not open for further replies.