Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Attempt to make Perique for snus

Status
Not open for further replies.

POGreen

What is that for, making worth from berry fruits ?

It looks really solid and sure it works for pressing Perique. If the metal mesh drum inside is detachable you may change it with a imperforate drum so there may not be necessary to plug that hole. But I think just plugging the hole is more practical, without changing the drum. Do you have another photo e.g. from the top ?

You can check out a few more angles here : http://ancientpoint.com/inf/93373-n...se_35_8_qts___stuffer__duck__fruit_press.html pics on the right hand side to enlarge.

POGreen

I can't think of , but one thing. Save the juice and put it in the second next batch off tobaccos. And give it to Me! Mad-(joke) It just gets Me to think of cold rolled steel? After it is done ? Run it thru an old fasion type of ( wash machine type of roller) Then the baccy is ready for Our next Try at perfections. Well? It worked in the past, and They didn't have what We have now? FTT- The Masters of Masters? ? A roller for leaf, for binders and wrappers- that are smooth as a babbies butt? High preasure rollers???? And PO has it to give Use the scoop on the build yet again. Now the juice that is off of that, Add to the water pot in the kiln, or the Cavandish water for infusion? Mad- Call Me on this ?

About the juice you mean , can be tricky sending that I reckon ......
The press is up in 100 USD and the auction is not over yet , on top of that is a 52 bucks shipping + 25 S import charge , I'm very poor and can probably look in the sky for this press.......;)
I would just love to have it.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Bid one time low to get in, Then wait til the auction is at the last Minute for the win. Keep it low by not bidding . No one to hagle with that way. Mad- PS: Don't sent any juice. That part was a joke. By the snus You sent to try, is out of this world awsome great! That is why I said ,save and send, in the joke.

POGreen

I've given it a great deal of consideration today Bob and have not really made up my mind as of yet.
But , I have been thinking about makin another one of my own , just a bit bigger and a hole lot cheaper.
What would u think about a sort of a sewage pipe fitting like this one below eventually reinforced with a pipe inside , it is 160 mm or 6''.
Reinforced I can never imagine myself it could disappoint anyone.
Think its 10-12'' long.

One could have a plug like this in one end

PP_Mark_Skjutmuff_2353956_1432.jpg

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Simple is good. Take a chunk of pvc ch 80 and glue an end cap on it? You can get the size from 1/2 inch to 24 inches that have caps made to fit. Around 10 bucks tops. Now the size of pipe You use, Slip an end cap smaller in it to check for fit snug. Glue the pvc of that size in it and fill with sand, and put Your wood plug on top to compress. The sand will act as a buffer for the clamp.They can hold some major preasure when compresed. Did that help? Mad-

POGreen

The one in the pic is of PP or polyprophene and could contain toxic substances.
Regroup for a new attack.......
Know of a place I can find PP for water but need a plug to work in some way too.
Thanks for the input Bob.

POGreen

So , tomorrow is the day I'll have a taste of that Perique , been thinkin about that today I'm for a pure one right after breakfast,
I am openminden but think it is going to be pretty good.

POGreen

I've had an 8-10 gr snus in now for more than 1/2 hour.
What I do feel is a really hefty kick of nicotine , can't really be specific about taste but its very pleasurable to have it in.
Am absolutely affected by the nicotine and feel almost a bit drunk or dizzy...
It's very rich in taste but no specifics so far.
I am sweating a bit after 45 minutes and took it out after 55 minutes.

POGreen

It seems like I am one bit of experience richer here in life but don't think I will ever have a pure Perique up under my lip ever again.
I was knocked down completely , I guess by the nicotine for almost an hour in a pretty nice way but in the long run I reckon one has to blend it in with the more ordinary snus one has.
Think I've read that a 10-15 % blend of Perique is quite enough , and those statements are based upon pipesmoking , not snus.
I didn't want to take it out but realized I had to in order to stay on my feet :D
Most probably I'll let it mature some more now and blend it in my snus with tobacco from last year or into one/more of WLT's just awesome baccy.

POGreen

Today it was 3 months ago since I started a small attempt to make sort of Perique , had no leaf of my own to use for it.The only available cured leaf available to me was WLT's Virginia Red Leaf so it was that or nothing at all.
From my own point of view I think the process has been running pretty smoothly , no real hickups apart from the first jar I had that broke in a very unusual way and I had to order a new one.
My little process was stopped today and I loosened the clamp , got a homemade plug taken away and also the plug closest to the tobacco.A pretty timeconsuming piece of work was looking me right in the eye , unravel/Unwrapp what I understand is called torquettes , folded 1/2 parts of the destemmed leaf I used in my attempt.

Just come out of the jar

Hung up in the hallway ( small ) to dry over time

New angle , same target

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
My experience with making Perique is that the "airing" simply serves to expose the leaf to ample oxygen. Then it goes back into the press. I don't believe drying it will make much of a difference. The airing significantly darkens the leaf.

Bob

POGreen

I concider my attempt as ready and done with now , I hang up the bits & pieces to dry to be able to grind them into flour later on.
As I recall it you used 3 months to complete your process and so have I.
I had the tobacco out to vent/air one time , perhaps it should have been 2 times , I can't really say.
Started the sort of attempt on the 6 th of July and ended it on the 6 th of October.

POGreen

Thanks Randy.
It will be quite interesting to see what this kinda processed tobacco will taste like when made into snus.

POGreen

This here small amount of processed tobacco has been made into snus a couple of weeks ago now , had it released from the oven the 21 st of October.
I'll have a go at it a bit into next month and see if it can satisfy me and tastes I like.
Smells great , no question about that. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.