Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

found a big pile of soil building material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i need to get a pic. of it, im not sure exactlly what it is... it looks like the fiber that a coconut would have..

but in my area im thinking it may be ground up shredded palm trees,????
but if i mix it with my sandy soil. im sure in the future it will help it retain moisture. but that is my goal. to keep adding '' matter '' to it and letting it rot, until i have the type of soil that sticks to your hands if you mess with it.

i got to get this stuff. 4...... 5 gallon buckets at a time. [ i dont have a pick-up truck ] ...

but i have acess to one. who knows in the future. i may just borrow a truck and go get it all. in one hit,,,

thats the plans i have for my plot... do you also. do small things to '' fortify '' your gardening spot,??:confused:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
If it's not very heavy, you could get some of those tough lawn and garden trash bags and haul them in your car trunk?

ArizonaDave

That's a good suggestion Knucks! He might have to shovel from his car into buckets when he gets home though if his car can't back up to the spot where he stores it though?

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i grabbed a lot more of it today..

i got acess to a truck that has a topper on it.. i may use that and just load it from top to bottom.

that topper makes a good tarp... just load the whole back of that truck up. and pack it in tight.

get all that tillled in.. then concentrate on getting a load of cow poop.

Brown Thumb

I would be careful with that stuff. It might be just fine but if it was worth something it would not be just dumped.
About a mile down the the road from me used to be a recycled dirt mulch plant.
I read about this over milk and cookies one night after getting the munchies when I was like 17 yrs. old.
It was a greener way to do things he was praised. Took like ten years to figure out.
They would take all the old wood from houses ect. From NY and NJ Put it thru a tub grinder and mix with dirt.
Da, old wood from old houses contains what. Lead.
The land has been declared clean after years of cleanup but no one will put there signature on it.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
He probably lightened his load its the last exit before a weigh station is where it's at.

Status
Not open for further replies.