Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Mechanically made wrapper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I rolled some cigars this morning and for a wrapper I used some regular sun grown Havana 142. As I was lamenting that shade grown would be nice, I remembered my pasta maker that I use for shredding tobacco for cigarettes and pipes. I took some sun grown leaf and ran it through the smooth rollers. The results are phenomenal! The leaf came out perfectly flat with absolutely no veins sticking up AT ALL!
The leaf is still thicker than a shade grown leaf but it is as flat and smooth as can be.

Randy B

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
I had my leaf in pretty heavy case so yes, they had a tendency to stick to the rollers. After a few were sucked into the cover I now watch as the leaf first comes through the rollers then I gently guide it so it is facing down. That way it doesn't curl back up and stick.

Randy B

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
recently i was given a '' TAMPA NUGGET'' mini cigar,,,

i looked at the wrapper,, i couldnt see a seam,,,,,

it's as if,, the wrapper was folded around the filler,,,,

sort of like putting a towel over your finger,,,

it was as if,, they put the binder in the middle of a leaf,, and '' pulled'' the leaf over the binder,,,

commercial,, cigars,

they are so perfect to look at,,

BarG

Founding Member
I discovered this morning I can take a csl sun grown leaf , remove midrib and carefully cut between veins with my homeade chaveta and have perfect size wrappers for a medium size cigar. After cuttin take the handle [flat part] ad press and smooth leaf for a realy smooth finished cigar. Now it just depends on your filler for a good quality [pretty cigar. [ I still like the rustic look too, veins poking out and all]. Plus i'll get a whole lot more wrappers out of each leaf.

BarG

Founding Member
from cigarettes to cigars

I managed to go all day without rolling a cigarette by smoking about 3 or four of my medium cigars. I think I found the right combo of tobacco strips to duplicate a cigar flavor with the ability to inhale between puffs. Thanks to recent varietys from my last purchase and previous purchase at WLT, I'm a happy camper. I'ts a bit more time consuming to roll a few but when I'm working at home i'ts not a problem.

BarG

Founding Member
I've been destemming my wrappers while in medium case [still fairly stretchable without tearing or cracking] and smoothing with the back of my chaveta [edges are slightly rounded to keep from catching or tearing] and stacking 6-10 at a time together in ziplock and pressing between pages of a good heavy book to keep flat till needed. It's working pretty good and if they do get to dry or brittle at wrapping time a few seconds over a steaming teapot[ learned from other members post] the heat and steam makes them perfect for being able to stretch without tearing while rolling my cigars. I have found that fmGrowits ct. shade leaf stays pliable and tear resistant no matter how I keep it stored without having to worry about getting to dry or brittle. Can be stored in open bag from which it was shipped with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.