Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

A bone to pick with some members.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack in NB

Founding Member
from the deep south-east.

Carolinas, Florida....

You folks did a very poor job defusing and draining tropical storm Arthur. You left water - there was 4.6" in my rain gauge Sat night.

And wind - I think you must have mobilized every politician within reach to add their hot air to the mixture!

Our power and phone went out Sat afternoon; power is expected on back here by the weekend at last report. Thousands of trees down - remarkably, no injuries!

No cell phone service locally - apparently power is out at the local repeater. My 5 k standby is keeping us lit, but that's about all. Rain barrell water makes a damn poor substitute for a shower, especially since it's full of leaves blown off the trees!

I found today that while the phone is out, the carrier is still live, and my internet does work. So now getting some e-mails out.

Anyway, gentlemen (and ladies!) - please try harder on the next one!

Markw

Well Jack I hope the weather picks up for you my god friend, I think I said on another thread there has to be an equal equation around the world, It is like buying stocks and shares. they tell you that it is a god buy and when you but it it normally it goes down , PS I love the NB11 that is a mighty fine plant I hope your year goes well.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it was just a little pisser.

we do have some bad ones roll thru my area sometimes.

it's been a while since ive had '' yard duty'' watching the trees. to make sure no-one needs to get out of the house.

sometimes the trees sway like thier dancing.

leverhead

If you add that the A/C is out, it sounds like living on the gulf coast. Every 15-20 years we get a good one, it's a good excuse to get to know your neighbors. You didn't run out of beer did you?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Jack, Sorry to hear your situation. If it's any consolation...I did hear someone in North Carolina had their umbrella turned inside out and another person had a patio chair upset.

10501759_858157590879531_4838499106239812377_n.jpg

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That was payback for all the snow you guys sent down here this past winter. ;)

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
i think stogie. nailed this one with that p[icture....lol

forumdotabaco

from the deep south-east.

Carolinas, Florida....

You folks did a very poor job defusing and draining tropical storm Arthur. You left water - there was 4.6" in my rain gauge Sat night.

And wind - I think you must have mobilized every politician within reach to add their hot air to the mixture!

Our power and phone went out Sat afternoon; power is expected on back here by the weekend at last report. Thousands of trees down - remarkably, no injuries!

No cell phone service locally - apparently power is out at the local repeater. My 5 k standby is keeping us lit, but that's about all. Rain barrell water makes a damn poor substitute for a shower, especially since it's full of leaves blown off the trees!

I found today that while the phone is out, the carrier is still live, and my internet does work. So now getting some e-mails out.

Anyway, gentlemen (and ladies!) - please try harder on the next one!

I totally agree with you, we as a community have the power to help each other in what concerns with weather phenomenons, I have noticed several times that 15 days after of a storm in the USA we experience that same storm here in Europe, weaker because of the Atlantic cross, but they pass over here and and keep going to die in the central Europe or Russia.
So a few weeks ago I started to think in create a group to work as a weather alarm, but I thought no one would care about it, so after reading your post I come to the conclusion that people may have interest, so the group is done is called weather alarm, we can use the group to report weather stuff around the world.
But people must join and create topics or the group will become pointless.

Brown Thumb

Just hitting here now. If Mother Nature messes with the Fruit from my Hard Work, I get Pissed.
Just don't piss and moan in public, people might think you need a doctor.

forumdotabaco

Well, FdoT,

Loll you just created the diminutive of my forum name FDT thank you I'm beginning to work in a logo that may help.
ok back to the subject, so do you guys think the idea of the group its a good idea? if so I will need help because the group should start has a warning system to the USA states, and then an Atlantic bridge, and for that to work good people must join, and I guess if its possible, nominate at least 2 group admins by state.

Status
Not open for further replies.