Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

RECIPES

Status
Not open for further replies.

POGreen

Another one of our Classic Dishes over here is without question pea soup , in my case with meatsausages and mustard to dip the sausages in....

Homemade pancakes w. strawberryjam + whipped cream is not so common any more but one has to catch the opportunity when it is there ( the way I reason )
What I see with my eyes is more semi-manufactured dishes and don't like that at all , I want the real deal !
This is from this years premiere at one of our town's ordinary restaurant's on 4 th of September , 11 $ and help yourself

Second desert with me is a nice piece of snus....:D

leverhead

I make Pea soup with a ham bone or a couple of smoked hocks, some potato and a few carrots. It makes a good cold weather meal, but I don't get much cold weather. A good desert is always necessary!

POGreen

I'm sure it is a good soup to eat , adding a few things would just make it even more attractive and '' foody '' .

BarG

Founding Member
How about a recipe from Sweden for something I hold pretty dear myself ?
We say Raggmunk , you will probably say potato pancake.

https://sweden.se/culture/raggmunk/

I skip the milk and the flour myself , just peel and grate the potatoes and squeeze the starch from them.
You have already cracked an egg or 2 and added some salt + whipped it good in a round plate.
Mix the grated potatoes with the whipped egg ( white an yellow ) , make balls of them if you like and put 1 2 3 in yer fryinpan where the butter has melted.
Take your spatula and press them balls and make'em flat like pancakes , shape them like u want......good things take time
If u use a teflon fryin pan they wount stick in it , but think I prefer a cast ironpan myself.

raggmunkar_recept.jpg

I think this is very well done and what it should look like when finished , after you fried the pancakes , put them in the oven while u fry the sliced pork.
This goes back a long way over here and ppl can drive miles just be be served Raggmunk's ( I was told today )
This is just fantastic.

I don't know, It looks wierd and sounds fantastic.

DGBAMA

Looks great. Maybe even better if cook the pork first, and use the pork oil to cook the pancakes.

POGreen

I made myself some what we call them over here pannbiff , in english meat patties with onions from a recipe I found online , a bit of work but it payed of in the end.......

Here is the recipe in english and thats about how I did it too , I got a brown sauce ( gravy ) in powder form and just whipped it down in milk alone.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
PO, That recipe looks like good old Southern US cooking:
1. Melt 2 tbsp butter...add sugar...
2. ...eggs, milk, salt...
3. Melt 2 tbsp butter...fry until brown...
4. Serve, topped with...Cream Sauce, potatoes...

Bob

BarG

Founding Member

I made myself some what we call them over here pannbiff , in english meat patties with onions from a recipe I found online , a bit of work but it payed of in the end.......

Here is the recipe in english and thats about how I did it too , I got a brown sauce ( gravy ) in powder form and just whipped it down in milk alone.

That sounds a whole lot like our salisbury steak, except intead of topping with onions after meat patties are mostly cooked add a can of mushroom soup and simmer. Adding onions is always a plus though for me.

BarG

Founding Member
Made a new fresh bunch yesterday , around 15 patties and started eating from them today. :)

I also like to dip the the meat patties in egg and milk and then press into crumbled crackers instead of using bread crumbs mixed in to give it a crisp salty layer. you can fry like that and eat or simmer in gravy of your choice.

POGreen

I finally made myself some minced meatsauce this morning , I let it cook in whole cream and chopped down 3 different colourpaprika and onion ( which i fried and had in after the whole process )
We'll see what it tastes like tonight with spaggetti to go with it.............

Status
Not open for further replies.