Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

hi from Auckland NZ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimbo

Hi All, I am a kiwi from Auckland NZ.
I want to grow pipe tobacco as the taxation on my evening pipe is now beyond a joke- my favorite aromatic now costs $78 NZD for a 50g tin!
I last grew Tobacco about 15years ago which we used for organic varroa mite control in our honey bee apairy.
The strain was Hauraki Gold from koanga seed bank. We smoked a few leaves as cigars for a joke but as we new nothing about color curing as you can imagine the were pretty rough to smoke...
I have bought some Virginia seeds from the local homebrew shop and am going to contact the koanga seed bank for some more hauraki Gold seeds
Had a look on Trademe (a local auction site) hoping to find some other seeds but none of the seeds for sale that said what strain they were.
Anyhow i have read some of the great growlogs and really hope i can grow something good.
I am also a keen homebrewer and figure that if i can brew a better beer than the big breweries i should be able to fo the same with tobacco.
Thanks for reading.
Jimbo

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Welcome to the forum. I love watching the kiwi grow blogs in what is our winter time. I'm looking forward to yours. Best of luck.

Our forum founder, FmGrowit, also owns www.wholeleaftobacco.com. Some NZlanders have ordered leaf from him with success.

COLIN

Hi Jimbo if you have a look at my 2012 grow blog you may find some verities that you wish to grow which I have the seed for.

Jimbo

Thanks you for the warm welcome everyone.
@ colin i have now read your brillant 2012 grow log. Awesome photos. Thank you for the kind offer of seed you have a great collection I will be in touch when i figure out what i should be growing for pipe tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.