Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

roland7707

Can yall explain what case means. Is it just the moisture level of the leaves, high case meaning wet, or something else?
thanks

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
You've got it. High case is damp. Low case is just moist enough to not crumble. Out of case is dry enough to crumble.

Tobacco will not mold in low case, but will rapidly mold (~3 days) in high case.

Bob

Knucklehead

Founding Member
A couple more points of interest. A cigar should be rolled with filler in low case, binder in medium case, and wrapper in high case.
I shred my tobacco when it is in low medium case. (A dryer than medium case but not as dry as low case)
I stuff my cigarette tubes with the shredded tobacco in low medium case.

(I had to jump in so Bob would not have to post that about the cigars again. He's been our designated "what case should tobacco be in when I roll a cigar" answer man. He's good at it too. :eek:)

DGBAMA

Don't forget the Case that gets consumed while deciding how many extra seedlings to plant, just in Case.

DGBAMA

If you have enough dry leaf I suppose a Case could be used to bring the baccy into Case, but then again, that might be Casing, since it would add some kind of flavor.

Brown Thumb

Good thing you only case your joint. When I am Casing my joint I seem to forget what I was going to case.

roland7707

Thanks for the info guys. Whats the best way to moisten the leaves? Wet towel, spray bottle?

webmost

Roland

The filler I sent you ought to be just right to bunch up as it is. Long as it doesn't crumble or crack when you fist it up, then you are good to go.

The binder will probably not require moistening either. Just stretch it out, get any rough edges off, like the stem, and go to work.

Far as the wrapper, you can spritz it with a spray bottle and stick it back in the bag for an hour or two. That ought to make it limp as can be. Then spritz the surface you are rolling on. A wet surface helps to hold the wrapper down so you can cut it accurately and wrap it tight.

I like to dry off the board between each wrap so I can roll the cigar back and forth on the board to soak up some of the damp and to even the roll.

I keep everything in its bag, and just pull a leaf out when I'm just about to use it. Even so, I try to pick a damp evening (of which we have plenty and plenty) to do the work. When I'm done with a session, I roll the end of the bag up two or three folds and tape it down.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Now don't wet it and put in a bag for a microwave. It some times takes a day or two to bring wraper into high case. After the roll, check and see if it was to wet to store. If so let it rest in the mold to tighten up ( come out of case) Check it befor You put it in the humidor so You won't have a problem down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.