Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hand cleaner after the pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeezyjohn

Amazing the black sticky fingers you end up with harvesting!

I dunno if you have it in the US ... But we've got an industrial grease busting soap called Swarfega ... It's kind of granular and smells of oranges and we always had it on tap when I worked in a car parts warehouse. It will get rid of anything on your hands ... Even your skin! Works great on tobacco goop too. I recommend using it with your preferred moisturiser!

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum, hotrodder52. Feel free to introduce yourself by starting a thread under "Introduce Yourself". Enjoy FTT.

Bob

Jack in NB

Founding Member
Getting the goo off

Pennzoil Waterless hand cleaner. It's the most effective I've found to date.

The pumps in the bottles don't work on either of my 2 containers, but unscrewing the top and wiping a stem of the stuff on the hands really cuts that goo.

I've tried a lot of stuff over the years - lately I've been applying a few drops of straight mineral oil to my hands before heading to the patch. That made other soaps a bit more effective for cleanup, but this Pennzoil is a real breakthrough for me.

webmost

Re: Getting the goo off

Lemme ask ya -- just as a black thumbed outsider -- Why you want the goo off? Does it smell bad? I know with the finished leaf, the best thing about it is the odor clinging to your hands.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Hand cleaner , Old tomatoes work .

But I use shampoo , head N shoulders . It cuts the tobacco gum .

Quick washing and what sandwich you eat will have the taste of tobacco .

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
My tobacco is so sticky this year. If You walk to close to it, it will stick to you. It was all over Lindas hair when She walked by some. So I guess head and sholders is a good call. I used a wet grease rag with liquid laundery soap on it yesterday to keep My hands from sticking to everything. I just hung it on My belt loop with a shower clip. I ate ribs afterwards.

BigBonner

Founding Member
Tobacco tip

If you are topping a large amount of tobacco , Just pick up some loose soil and dust your hands and up to your elbows with it like baby powder . It helps .
I do this at the beginning of each row and again sometimes in the middle of a row .

Gmac

I heard that befor. I'll try that in a while after I change the HHO osmotic driver out of the JEEP today. The KOH will help. It is a heavy base that acts as an acid. Makes the skin slimmy (melts)and good for plants deluted way down. PS! Don't mess with that stuff! it can and will burn the hide off of You. Mad-
You can get your skin back to normal Ph after using a base product [example clorine bleach] with a splash of vineagar or citrus juice. (vineagar is cheaper} I use fresh squeezed OJ in the shop to remove the green out of swimming pool hair.
Gmac

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.