Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hand cleaner after the pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
One or two cups of sand, and (not in the house) it will clog the drains. Any way - One teaspoon of glycerin, a squirt or two of bath soap (Your flavor) In same bucket. Then in a cup: some tide or any laundry soap. Garden hose. Dip hands in water, Then in the laundry soap. Rub- Then grab a scoop of the sand and rub. wash off with hose.. And smell..... If bad add a pinch of KOH, or repet .MAD way- It will leave the hands clean and soft with no bad smells when You eat Your dinner.....

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Dam, that's a lot of work!. Just use either Lava soap or some Go-Jo hand cleaner. Lava soap leaves a nice smell when done. After using Go-Jo I'll use regular hand soap to get rid of the smell

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
I use Ivory bar soap (It floats!) and a mechanic's bristle brush. All but the black easily washes off with the mild soap. I soap the brush to remove the black crud. One final wash with soap leaves me with clean hands, skin that hasn't been scoured by pumice, and no exposure to organic solvents.

For a clean-up station that is some distance from running water, a simple box of sand sounds workable.

Bob

istanbulin

Founding Member
Alcohol. Get small amount of alcohol (pure, cologne, cheap vodka, everclear, moonshine etc.) in your hands (or fingers) and rub like washing your hands, or with a paper towel. I use food grade 96% ethanol (ethyl alcohol) it solves all tobacco residue (resins etc.) on the hands. Rinse with water. You may wash your hands with regular hand soap after alcohol treatment.

Brown Thumb

I might give that a try with my empty cans of beer that have backwash In them next time I sucker.
Thanks.

ArizonaDave

One or two cups of sand, and (not in the house) it will clog the drains. Any way - One teaspoon of glycerin, a squirt or two of bath soap (Your flavor) In same bucket. Then in a cup: some tide or any laundry soap. Garden hose. Dip hands in water, Then in the laundry soap. Rub- Then grab a scoop of the sand and rub. wash off with hose.. And smell..... If bad add a pinch of KOH, or repet .MAD way- It will leave the hands clean and soft with no bad smells when You eat Your dinner.....

LOL, like the old Palmolive commercials?

istanbulin

Founding Member
I might give that a try with my empty cans of beer that have backwash In them next time I sucker.
Thanks.

Beer which has averagely %5 alcohol probably can't solve those sticky residues easily. High alcohol percentage works better.

Lakota

Founding Member
here is one for you Mad dishwashing soap and granulated sugar, cleans well and will not clog a drain. A friend of mine is a mechanic, he told it to me years ago.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
I heard that befor. I'll try that in a while after I change the HHO osmotic driver out of the JEEP today. The KOH will help. It is a heavy base that acts as an acid. Makes the skin slimmy (melts)and good for plants deluted way down. PS! Don't mess with that stuff! it can and will burn the hide off of You. Mad-

Brown Thumb

After suckering and handling some leaf this year.
My bad blood pressure goes thru the roof.
Gloves the rest of the year.

hotrodder52

There is a hand cleaner Gritty Girl Hand Cleaner. It is known in the pot capital growing capital of the world as the only hand cleaner to remove sticky stuff from your hands after they pick the plants. www.grittygirlhandcleaner.com

Status
Not open for further replies.