Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Trail Cam Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Yeah, that's the no-flash infrared night time look. My flash camera took great night time pictures but it ate batteries like crazy.

alhungie

Here's a few from my camera over the last few weeks..

LL.jpg

Fox, I think this is why I haven't seen any squirrel or raccoons around lately.

LL.jpg

A nice 4 point buck in the background with a 7 point buck in the foreground.

LL.jpg
The 4 point buck.

LL.jpg

A small doe

Knucklehead

Founding Member
That looks like a very large fox. The seven pointer seems like a fairly mature buck. Happy hunting. In what state are you located?

Could you add a general location in your Profile? Just the state is fine.

istanbulin

Founding Member
I don't have a trail cam and there's nothing around during the daytime except game birds. So I don't know if this counts. Here's an adult and three juvenile Chukar partridges.

19136.jpg

This gang ate all the grapes before they get fully ripe. They're really cool because of the hunting ban on them.

SmokesAhoy

Founding Member
Deer don't have antlers here. At least I've never seen one. And getting an antlerless tag is like hitting the lotto. Thanks for pics of what they are supposed to look like

Last week 2 big ones were in my field eating my squash leaves. I told em to shoo and they ignored me, I ran at em and one ran away, the other ran a few feet and waited for me to leave. I had to shoo it away so many times before it went to go play with the cows. But come hunting season I won't see a single one. Drives me insane.

BarG

Founding Member
I ordered 2 trail cams, one for a son in laws birthday and 1 for me . They were on sale for half price. They have the black flash and higher speed. The deer I have been huntin for 2 years[14 point at last count] may get at least a mug shot this year. He has been bedding in the same thick ass area on the river now every since I spooked him a couple years ago while exploring, and all I ever get is glimpses.

BarG

Founding Member
Heres a pic of my opening day buck followed by one I want caught on a trail cam. I decided to call him "El Negro"

101_0016.jpgcdyi0020.jpg

Brown Thumb

Nice Buck There, they are few and far around here I will be happy with a small 6 point.
what is the spread on him.

grgfinney

Nice buck BarG just put trial cam out here is a pic of the area

Attachments

• 20141031_130646_20141101_183545.jpg
    20141031_130646_20141101_183545.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 20141031_130615_20141101_183625.jpg
    20141031_130615_20141101_183625.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 54

BarG

Founding Member
Nothing churns my guts up worse than wounding an animal. I had a doe duck the sound of the bowstring one time and I saw then how easy it would be to make a bad shot. Any animal that can move that fast at the sound of a bow string is FAST. It ducked right under the arrow. I shot over it, but could easily have made a bad hit instead. It was only 25 yards. (I'm not knocking bow hunters, this is just a personal choice) I've seen on TV in slow motion where they draw a line at the deers back and show how much the deer can move between the sound of the bow string and the arrival of the arrow. It's uncanny. They say aim low to account for this, but the deer whirled around at the same time.

Your absolutely right on how fast a deer can move. White tails are strung tighter than a steel guitar. They can do a complete 180 degree at 12 yards at the sound of a bow string. I have never wounded one with my bow. and I never aim low. I always aim where I want to hit. Aim at one single hair, not the whole deer.

BarG

Founding Member
A Good X -bow. 400 FPS works just fine.

My opening day bow season was a doe in the first hour [60# Damon Howatt Hunter recurve]. My opening day Buck was in the first hour also, Lucky me , The hunting gods were smiling on me. He was 16 3/8" inside spread BT. It takes the pressure off to hunt versus work when you have a successfull hunt on opening days.

indianjoe

Founding Member
Great Buck BarG, our bow season just came in, but no deer around so far. Its ok, I am finishing up the frozen deer from last year as fast as I can eat it, lol.

Brown Thumb

I'm not so Luckey, I just hunt my property, small 11 acres.
What makes it worse work all week and half a day sat. doesn't leave much time.
And There is no hunting on Sunday in PA.

Status
Not open for further replies.