Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New Trail Cam Pictures

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
I'm not so Luckey, I just hunt my property, small 11 acres.
What makes it worse work all week and half a day sat. doesn't leave much time.
And There is no hunting on Sunday in PA.

BT, I got the doe at home on my 13 acres.
Indianjoe, I am still trying to finish up some hog backstap I found in the bottom of my freezer after adding a new one last month.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
This one didn't even show up on any of the trail cameras. He just popped up at the wrong time in front of my little hunting partner. Nice deer. We have nicer ones on camera. I'm hunting the ten point.

IMG_0868.JPG

BarG

Founding Member
Very nice! It's amazing the variations on the way horns grow. That deer was in rut most likely judging by his neck.

BarG

Founding Member

That has got to be a bummer. Work all week and a half day on weekend and dream about hunting.:(

bryonlr

Thats why you rated 1 of the good guys in my book bt, gotta take care of the family first.:)

BarG

Founding Member
I remember 55 hour weeks averaged over 56 weeks in a year. My live in familly is much smaller since the little birdies like to fly the nest. It gives me much more time for other pursuits. Like for instance taking my grandson hunting next weekend , he is only 6 and loves going to deer camp with us for the last 2 years, always sitting with his dad. My son in law finally decided to share.:cool:

Brown Thumb

Thats why you rated 1 of the good guys in my book bt, gotta take care of the family first.:)
Thank you, I work pro bono sat. Pretty much for my kids, nieces and nephews.
I take care of my Dads Arcade Games and equipment maintence and in return he splits the profits every year and puts it into a collage investment fund for each kid. I could never put that kind of money away for my kids.
Two Brown Thumbs up for my parents.

Brown Thumb

That has got to be a bummer. Work all week and a half day on weekend and dream about hunting.:(
I bought two trail cams last week so I could at least see them when I am not around or sleeping.
nothing big. Just doe And a spike and skunks and coons.
The bucket of doe is about gone BBQ Roast tomorrow will finish it off.

BarG

Founding Member
Theres a lot of money in that. A friend married into that and they drive corvettes. An arcade with a race track. I have to make a new hanger for my trail cam , mine dissapeared. What kind did you buy? I have the black flash type.

Brown Thumb

I picked up a covert black, I don't really care for the night pics. A littly grainy and blurry.
And a bushnell 7.0 from Wally World for 99 bucks. I like the night pics but it does not have a display.
The black did spook a small buck which Suprised me.

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Biggest deer I've ever caught on camera. This is from this week. This is the first time he's shown up.

Big deer 2 Hughes Place.jpgBig Deer 3 Sept. 2015.jpgBig Deer on top of mountain Hughes Place.jpgbig deer sept 2015.jpgbig deer.jpg

Nic

nice buck! When does your season start? We also have whitetail here but not enough to hunt... Beautiful animals..

Brown Thumb

Nice One Knucks.
Thanks for reminding me to put my cameras Out:)

bonehead

i would rather shoot a 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 year old doe for the freezer. the big deer in ct. are good for backstraps and ground meat. the young does are good for the succulent cuts. i am glad we can shoot many deer in ct.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
"My" doe saved me the bother of harvesting the ripening pears from one of my pear trees. Every fruit within her neck's reach vanished over a two day period. Probably caused diarrhea. Only a few rotted pears remain on the ground beneath. Pretty tidy. It's nature's holistic, free-range, organic, sustainably balanced, eco-friendly way: I do all the annual pruning (on a step ladder), manual Japanese beetle removal, weeding, tent caterpillar extraction--the deer eat the pears. It's only fair, since my green beans had already been grazed to the ground, and they don't seem to like peppers.

Bob

Brown Thumb

i would rather shoot a 1 1/2 or 2 1/2 year old doe for the freezer. the big deer in ct. are good for backstraps and ground meat. the young does are good for the succulent cuts. i am glad we can shoot many deer in ct.
I like older does also.
The lowered the doe tags this yr. No extras one tag only and they sold out on the first round.:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.