Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Tuck cutters

Status
Not open for further replies.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Use the search function. Click on "search" with the text field empty. This goes to advanced search. Enter "tuck cutter" in the key words field, and search only for thread titles.

Bob

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Thanks for letting Me be dumb for a second. I was watching the lava lamp and said"SQUIRL" I was thinking of a three sided blade that comes from three sides in a circle type of way that looks neat to watch as the looks.

Smokin Harley

Knucklehead, Arizona Dave and Dondford all own one of my handmade tuck cutters...Would one of you guys like to post a pic of it on your rolling bench?

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Some pictures of Smokin' Harley's homemade tuck cutter. Very nice attention to detail, while keeping the price manageable. I kept forgetting to take the camera to the basement so I apologize for taking so long to post these. It does a really neat job.

tuck cutter 1.JPG

The length gauge is nicely shaped with numerals stamped into the wood denoting cigar length from 4-8 inches, with a dot at each 1/2 inch interval. This is the only part I would change. I would use a countersunk carriage bolt from the bottom with a wing nut on top to eliminate the need for a screw driver. However, the way it is functions perfectly.

tc 2.JPG

Views of the cutter, cutter handle, and cutter tightness adjustment.

tc3.JPG

tc4.JPG

tc5.JPG

Thank you Smokin' Harley for a well made piece of equipment. I'd like to see these sold through WLT. It's a quality piece. I'm knocking around the idea of rubbing in some food grade bar top oil to make the grain pop, but will probably leave it as is. It is made for indoor use anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.