Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Honey for Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishi

At the suggestion of a board member I am posting that I have honey for sale. I will be selling it in 1# plastic containers. I can fit 8 or 10 in a medium flat rate box. This honey has not been heated and will sugar. I have some fall honey that is dark (a mix of yellow star thistle and whatever the bees were working). I try to separate the honey by the bee yard locations, the flavor may not be consistent from batch to batch
Also both lighter and dark spring honey. All honey is from the northern Sacramento valley in CA.

Price will be $5.00 a pound plus shipping. If you decide to order any and do not like it pay the shipping back and I will refund your money.

PM about orders or send to dempseysapiary at directv dot net

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40430848@N08/6626167309/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/40430848@N08/6626168817/in/photostream/

Thank You

Last edited:

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Your post is entirely appropriate. As a matter of fact, there should be a "Market place" forum for just such non-tobacco related products members have to offer. Whether it's your hobby or what you do for a living, what better place to post your offer than among friends?

Thanks for posting and I'll be ordering some raw honey shortly.

BigBonner

Founding Member
I will tell you about Ishi's honey . It is some of the best I have ever tasted !!
I have enjoyed Ishi's honey on biscuits almost every morning for the past two weeks .
Last year He sent me several different bottles of honey that came from different places from high elevations to low .Ishi's honey is light see through clean and clear other would be rich and dark see through .
I couldn't tell you my favorite, either one was great the dark or lighter honey . They both had a slightly different taste and equally as good .

I have sampled this years honey and last years honey and Im sure I will sample his honey crop of 2012 .

If you buy Ishi's honey you won't be disapointed .

Ishi

containers and photos

The cheapest way to ship honey is USPS flat rate boxes. I can get up to 14, 1 pound containers in a medium flat rate box and 2, 1 pound containers in a small flat rate box.

I added links to flicker of the 1 pound jar full of honey. Tried to post the pics last night but everything was so slow that I could not get the pictures up. I tried to put them in the first post but could not figure how to.

Thank You
Dan

Ishi

Pictures

1 Pound container
IMG_0201.jpgIMG_0199.jpg

Played with this thing and think I got it.After looking at the pics I see that I got it to work. If you click on the pics you can see the air bubbles in it. it was 65degrees when I but it in the jar and then took the pic. Honey doesn't flow very well at that temp, it all will settle out when to warms up

Dan

Ishi

It has been setting in a 300 pound SS tank with a bottom pour on it since August but at 65 degrees when you pore it you still get bubbles

CoralReefs

Suburban baccy farmer
Do you still have any honey available? If so how much do you want for it? I would not mind getting another batch of mead going :)

Daniel

Banned
Hopefully I will be eating some of my own home grown honey by the end of the summer. I have spent the last 7 months reading up and getting ready for my own bees. I have two hives in my back yard waiting for the bees to arrive. I knwo not to expect a harvest from the first year. I am just looking for a jar or so for myself and my family.

Ishi, How have your bees done through the mild winter? Seems to me if they went into fall healthy that hives are busting at the seams. if they had the beginnings of any disease they died out. It is like the mild weather was good for the bees and what plagues them.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Mild weather can be a blessing or a curse for bees. Mild weather allows them to take more cleansing flights as well as to migrate within their hive to reach their food supplies. The problem is that in a mild winter they will often eat up their supplies before a nectar flow starts, so early vigilance on the part of the beekeeper is required. Mild weather is often associated with excess swarming. Most beekeepers will tell you that "their" hives do not swarm... most do and the only way to tell if yours did or not is to have a marked queen so you can check yourself. Diseases often times take several years before they overwhelm the colony and kill it. Often times a beekeeper will boast that he hasn't treated his colonies with any chemicals. Talk to him 3 or 4 years later and his bees are usually dead.

Randy B

Ishi

Daniel;

I have not been tending my bee very well this spring. Checked a small out yard today and had lost 3 hives and maybe another one from 12 hives. They starved. I had put Feed on them about 6 weeks ago and since i did not go to almonds had not checked them. It has been cool and wet and with them building up fast they ran out of food. Another hive in this bunch had 2 capped queen cells. I added another super and split the brood to give them more room so will see in a week as to how they are doing. I think that the best temp for bees to winter is 30 40 F with a rise to 55 about every week. I think that it is better to keep them cold so that they are not out looking for food when there is nothing.
Dan

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
We get Mesquit honey here and mntn honey. Alot of import (expencive) What is Your honey from? I will be getin some more when I'm out and am very interested in Yours.

Ishi

I had about 200# Yellow Star Thistle this year. It is all sold. But have some mixed spring honey left. Mix if bur clover and what ever was available from April till July

Status
Not open for further replies.