Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

New to the forum from Richmond!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jak

Hey there all!

I'm a first year grower from near Richmond, VA. Havin' a great time growing so far even though 100% of my crop is stunted due to insanely hard ground I didn't till it up deep enough and fertilize enough... So next year...
Anyways, got Kelly Burley, VA Bright, Havana 142 and Havana 2000 growin'. Hopin' it goes well and happy to be on the forum to learn things!

Knucklehead

Founding Member
We're happy to have you here. Thanks for joining and best of luck with your season.

leverhead

Welcome! If you started from seed and got them into the ground, that's a pretty good accomplishment. Till in some compost in the fall and put something in for a cover crop to till in in the spring. Learn something about curing from this years crop and make good notes, if next year is your year, you'll need them.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the grower's FAQ (link at the top of every page), which also contains links to the Key Threads index and Cigar Rolling index.

Bob

Jak

What's for the warm welcome folks!

@Leverhead, thanks for the encouragement. I will be doing that for sure haha. Also, I went ahead and planted a new 'lil patch, tilled in some composting leaves and fertilizer. Figured in VA we got at least 60 more days of sunshine today (well two days ago) was as good a day to start over as any. Sprinkled some seeds on it and we shall see. I only tilled down about... a foot and if they get stunted too I'll know it's cause the ground is hard as diamonds below that.

@JBD thanks for the referral! "The Dark Side is currently taking applications..." lol

@DS Awesome I will be sure to read those! On another note my wife and I were just talking this morning about how much we miss Blacksburg... Might have to make a trip out there in a few weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.