Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.

CT Tobaccoman

Cannot upload a photo from my own computer jpeg file, even though it is smaller than 120x120 pixels and less than 4KB. I have made a lot of tries, all fail to upload. Any ideas?

Oh, there it is!!! Never mind.

POGreen

Easy Peasy Japanesy , go to Settings and choose Edit Avatar

This is about what it looks like , choose Option 2 and select file you desire as your Avatar

After that click Save Changes and you should be alright.

CT Tobaccoman

Yeah, I got it now, but not that easy. All the photos in my computer are bigger than 120x120 or 19.5 KB, which is the limit (whichever is the shortest--whatever that means.) I finally read the fine print. So I put a relatively small picture into Microsoft Paint and reduced it to the parameters and, I think that I do now have an avatar. The tobacco shed sitting in the sea of shade cloth. Took a little work, but I got it now. Thanks.

POGreen

You're very welcome CT.
Pic I added was 132 kb and that was ok.
Don't know if one can change some setting to increase sizes on pic one wants.
Pardon the text was partially in the swedish language :eek:

ArizonaDave

Yeah, I got it now, but not that easy. All the photos in my computer are bigger than 120x120 or 19.5 KB, which is the limit (whichever is the shortest--whatever that means.) I finally read the fine print. So I put a relatively small picture into Microsoft Paint and reduced it to the parameters and, I think that I do now have an avatar. The tobacco shed sitting in the sea of shade cloth. Took a little work, but I got it now. Thanks.

If you're used to touching up your pics, don't. That adds to the pic, and can make a useable pic Unusable. I experimented with it a while back, and that's what I found.

CT Tobaccoman

After I realized that the pics I was trying were too "big," I took a smaller one and used Microsoft Paint to crop it down to the required size. Very easy.

That is the key to it, it has to be less than 120x120 pixels amd under 19 KB (whichever is less--which I don't know what that means.)

Knucklehead

Founding Member
After I realized that the pics I was trying were too "big," I took a smaller one and used Microsoft Paint to crop it down to the required size. Very easy.

That is the key to it, it has to be less than 120x120 pixels amd under 19 KB (whichever is less--which I don't know what that means.)

Great! I'm ready for some Grow Blog pictures. :)

CT Tobaccoman

Great! I'm ready for some Grow Blog pictures. :)

Yep, and I finally have something worth looking at. Going to Connecticut, back to civilization, this week for a few days. There are Walmarts and Staples and U name it, so I'll pick up a digital camera.

Cape Cod is really retro, the outer cape, where I am living. McDonald's is not allowed, or any of those chains except Dunkin Donuts, and the Hyannis Mall is a place to avoid in the summer, with all the tourists around here. US 6 is the only "highway," and that's only a 2 lane road. I am 70 miles from an Interstate highway. Waiting to be able to take a left onto Route 6 can take 10 minutes or more--before an opening appears. From October to May, it's a ghost town--that's the part I like.

SO, pics are coming in a few days.

CT

Knucklehead

Founding Member
I misunderstood. I thought you were resizing photos you had just taken. Reading back, they were pictures on your computer. bang head on brick wall.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.