Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Hand Built Humidors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JOE1977

I meant spanish cedar not aromatic. The only sc in my cabinet is from the trays and the boxes themselves. I used mahogany due to it being available in my area, it's furniture quality and I just like the look of it with a red mahogany stain w a few coats of Sam Maloof poly oil. The sc in almost all produced humis is a 1/16th veneer, so I feel I have more than enough to hopefully deter the baccy beetle.

ArizonaDave

I meant spanish cedar not aromatic. The only sc in my cabinet is from the trays and the boxes themselves. I used mahogany due to it being available in my area, it's furniture quality and I just like the look of it with a red mahogany stain w a few coats of Sam Maloof poly oil. The sc in almost all produced humis is a 1/16th veneer, so I feel I have more than enough to hopefully deter the baccy beetle.

Just out of curiosity, since you've worked with the 1/16 spanish cedar veneer, is it the same stuff companies wrap a cigar in, or is it different. I take it the stain was on the outside?

JOE1977

I imagine it is the same only far thinner. Spanish cedar is actually a cousin of mahogany and not cedar at all, go figure. The good stuff comes from Central America but the supply has gotten tighter over the years due to clear cutting of the forest's.

ArizonaDave

I imagine it is the same only far thinner. Spanish cedar is actually a cousin of mahogany and not cedar at all, go figure. The good stuff comes from Central America but the supply has gotten tighter over the years due to clear cutting of the forest's.

That's what I was thinking, just thinner. Knew about the Spanish cedar, just wish they weren't cutting down the trees without supplying the box market first, ha ha.

Jason

Well, I had everything prepared and go figure, my jointer breaks. The belt snapped and the part is on back order till october. I would've flushed all of the edges by hand but I just don't have time.

On a brighter note, last week I rolled some cigars from don's tobacco for the first time and it was delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.