Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Cigar rolling test #3 wrapper and triple cap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

Hope this helps to show the triple cap is NOT that difficult to do and only takes a few more minutes to complete.

Langhorne

Fabulous videos! I got my first shipment today, two of the kits from WLT. Got my marble slab. Should have a mold Thursday from John. By Friday I should be ready to roll my first cigar. Thanks Gdaddy!

Gdaddy

Fabulous videos! I got my first shipment today, two of the kits from WLT. Got my marble slab. Should have a mold Thursday from John. By Friday I should be ready to roll my first cigar. Thanks Gdaddy!

Pretty exciting isn't it?

When you get your tobacco is should be the correct moisture content right out of the bag. Feels dry but not to the point of cracking. The only thing that needs to get wet is the wrapper. You want that soft and pliable.

Keep the vapor proof bags sealed tight and take out only what your going to use that day. The tobacco your using that day can be protected with a lightly damp towel if your in a dry air conditioned room. The seco can dry out in an air conditioned room in a matter of 15 minutes. A light spritz can bring it back in 15 seconds. Do some experiments but don't make the mistake of adding moisture to the bag to soften the leaf. Keep it dry to the point of where you received it. Mold forms very easily on over moist tobacco.

Keep us posted!

ArizonaDave

Great! Langhorn~! I hope you enjoy this hobby as much as I do! I don't know "where" exactly you're from (doesn't matter). Here in the AZ dead-sert. the Humidity can vary, and can go as low is 15%, so at those times I might have to add some moisture if the leaves set out too long.
Luckily, right now it's at 50%+, and haven't had any problem, but am sure feeling the 110* temps more. The heat will be over in no time though, and it's like 65* to 75* degrees most of the year.

Gdaddy helped me get going on rolling, and now I can roll to whatever flavor I'm craving!

moscca

Good luck Langhorn !!
Exiting times, I remember my first ones, not so long ago.

Langhorne

Thanks, guys. I am finding there is definitely a learning curve. Rolled a few lumpy ones. Won't be able to try again until the weekend, when I think I will remove the wrappers and binders and reroll these uglies. But I have already burned a couple of them and amazingly, they taste better than cigars I have paid more for. I think I'm hooked.

ArizonaDave

Thanks, guys. I am finding there is definitely a learning curve. Rolled a few lumpy ones. Won't be able to try again until the weekend, when I think I will remove the wrappers and binders and reroll these uglies. But I have already burned a couple of them and amazingly, they taste better than cigars I have paid more for. I think I'm hooked.

From this point on, it's all motor skills, over and over for a couple weeks or so. I did book style only and pig tails for a month when I started in March. Then moved on to the Entubado when I realized how much better it burns.
~Whatever works best for you~!!! Your 'baccy and yer' smoke! Someone can roll ugly ones all evening if they want (which I've done, lol). Once some time is put in, ALL start looking better. Heck, for the most part, I'm in it for the taste.

By the way, I'm a Gdaddy trainee as well :)

Gdaddy

Don't be afraid to re-roll. It's a great way to learn and improve your skills. Just take your time and figure it out.

charlie G.

Thanks GDADDY for doing these videos. I'm chomping at the bit to start rolling as soon as I get my order from Don.
I've been rolling paper towel cigars for a week and am ready to give the real thing a try. Also these Bounty cigars burn to fast, my beard is all singed.
Thanks Again Daddy

Gdaddy

Thanks GDADDY for doing these videos. I'm chomping at the bit to start rolling as soon as I get my order from Don.
I've been rolling paper towel cigars for a week and am ready to give the real thing a try. Also these Bounty cigars burn to fast, my beard is all singed.
Thanks Again Daddy

You're welcome! I hope it helps. Looking forward to some photos.

charlie G.

Well I got my delivery from Don this morning. And thank you Don for the extras. What a great place to buy from.
You guys make this look way to easy, I think I'm all thumbs. I have a much greater respect for all of you now.
I am having a tough time keeping the filler compressed to wrap the binder. Is it some what easier to roll if the filler is a damper case ?
I'm not sure how tight it should be rolled ? I understand to tight and the draw with be compromised.
I guess as stated, it's a learning curve. I have the 2 I wrapped with the binder rolled in paper to set for a while before I even try with a wrapper.
I guess a big part is to see how or even if they burn when done.

Gdaddy

Well I got my delivery from Don this morning. And thank you Don for the extras. What a great place to buy from.
You guys make this look way to easy, I think I'm all thumbs. I have a much greater respect for all of you now.
I am having a tough time keeping the filler compressed to wrap the binder. Is it some what easier to roll if the filler is a damper case ?
I'm not sure how tight it should be rolled ? I understand to tight and the draw with be compromised.
I guess as stated, it's a learning curve. I have the 2 I wrapped with the binder rolled in paper to set for a while before I even try with a wrapper.
I guess a big part is to see how or even if they burn when done.

I would not add moisture to the filler. The binder slightly and the wrapper moist.

Take one cigar and roll it fairly tight into the binder. You don't have to wait to see if it's too tight. You can find out immediately if it's too tight by drawing on the end. Is it too tight? If so, un-ravel it and start over until you have the correct draw.

If you add moisture to the filler it will compress easier and have a tendency to be too tight. The moist filler can also lead to mold problems pretty quickly. Don's tobacco usually comes in perfect moisture for rolling.

Don't worry, you'll be fine.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
You can cheat with the binder by using a double binder (two half leaves) and you can also tuck the edge of the binder into the filler, then use your finger tips to compress the bunch as you roll.

Watch rolling videos over and over...you'll get it.

Mad Oshea

Taking a break
Dito Sir, I use a dbl. binder in a lot of rolls. It will do You justice in a roll if You have a problem in how it is too moist in a binder befor the mold stage. Then the rest( wait) and wraper.. Mad- Scot-

DGBAMA

Initial compression of the filler gave me fits too. Once I have my filler in hand, I squeeze it a few times then work it into a form with two hands, a similar motion to rolling a scroll of paper. This way makes the binder easier to apply.

DGBAMA

Good advise above. Filler should be as dry as possible as long as it does not crumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.