Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Powermatic S Tobacco Shredder NOW Available

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
The newest Powermatic S Tobacco Shredder is now available. I was told everything was beefed up on these units. The shred size is .78mm (same as always)

Free shipping to continental US only. International Forum members can send a request using the Contact Us form for discounted shipping. Domestic shipping is about $15, so that is the discount I'll extend to all International forum members. I'll send you an invoice with the discount included in the price.

These shredders will be drop shipped from the manufacturer and may take several days to process. No same day shipping available on these units.

Brown Thumb

Super, I need a new one to Bust.
Instant payment on the way.
Hope you feel better Don.
BT

Brown Thumb

I will, my kids will, give her a run against the first design.
I hope they got rid of the leaf sensors or I will have to tear them out to make it fair.
My kids fight over shredding leAf but none will destem the leaf.
I might do a vid if I can figure how to.

Brown Thumb

Arrived Yesterday. So after finishing loading the Kiln and a bunch of Cans of Courage I decided to bust her open.
First thing I noticed was the feed chute is one inch narrower and the cutter is a inch and a half narrower and smaller in diameter.
View attachment 12470View attachment 12471

I then went looking for Gears, I took off the side cover, No Gears over here. I took her leg off Nope,
I will look for them some other day. They have safety torx bolts on her to keep people like me from taking her apart. Good thing I have them bits.

View attachment 12472

She is Built like a tank. She now has two extruded aluminum pieces for a chassie which the the cutter and motor are mounted in and the legs are bolted on to them.
This Baby should never flex like the older models.
powero_1.JPG phower_2.JPG

Brown Thumb

I will Run the Crap out of Her Tonight To see if she is slower than the older model. It looks like powermatic covered there the butts with this baby and warrenty problems.
The only dislike is the narrower chute and cutters but it might not have any effect on speed.

Brown Thumb

image.jpg
Does it have grease cups or a way to grease the gears?
Found the gears on the other side. Gears appear to be the same as the older model.
No grease cups on Her. You have to take the cover and leg off to grease the gears.

Brown Thumb

Well gave her a run against old nelly.
2 pounds thru each weighed on a paint scale destemed in med case.
He jammed old nelly up in the first minute. I Got him going again, and he finished first about 1 min. ahead of me.
You can't jamb up the new style unless you put a railroad steak in it.
But it has a problem the cutters are not centered or too short.
It does not shred all the leaf on the right side, not bad but you have to go thru it and pull it out.
It is a lot stronger and does not bog down. I am impressed but they have to fix the cutters on the right side and make them longer, you can see in pic.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 109
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 108

DGBAMA

is the cutter off center, or just too short?

As a BIG PLUS, I see ball bearings set in those castings, some good improvements.

Is that the new batch of flue cured?

Brown Thumb

I think the cutter is too short after further inspection. Yes the bearings are in the castings and are a sealed bearing for dust.
The Baccy is Frog Eye Orinoco from the first kiln load.

BarG

Founding Member
Super, I need a new one to Bust.
Instant payment on the way.
Hope you feel better Don.
BT

Give it your best shot BT, See how running it thru the mill does for the mill. I still love my oldy model. I'll be pissed if I bust it. I have a problem sometimes with the first feed to get it to run and start shredding. Any suggestions. After I get it shredding its fine. I think it has something to do with the sensor to allow the knives to engage.

Brown Thumb

More then likely your cutters are rusted a little and that is keeping it from running at first. I have had that happen.

forumdotabaco

I don't understand how this machine works, can anyone post detailed picks from the cutter parts?

Status
Not open for further replies.