Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

corojo wrapper applied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gdaddy

That is fun to watch. Wasn't sure where you were headed making all those cuts but the cigar came out very nice. That's the great thing about rolling your own is you do it the way you want.

The glue on the foot can be eliminated completely simply by tucking the leaf at the beginning of the roll. It won't unravel so the glue really does nothing.

Thanks for sharing!

MarcL

Thanks .... I was looking for a better way to record and came across these 720P 5MP HD Digital Video Spy Camera Glasses. They do the job I think.
It really isn't that much glue. Believe it or not, I'm using it very sparingly. I just recently saw the foot being made tacky before wrapping. Not common to me.

Wait,... are you all the glue police? ... Did I miss something? Is there a glue shortage?

Gdaddy

Thanks .... I was looking for a better way to record and came across these 720P 5MP HD Digital Video Spy Camera Glasses. They do the job I think.
It really isn't that much glue. Believe it or not, I'm using it very sparingly. I just recently saw the foot being made tacky before wrapping. Not common to me.

Wait,... are you all the glue police? ... Did I miss something? Is there a glue shortage?

That video is an excellent point of view. Like looking from your eyes. I thought you 'glued' the camera to your forehead. (no pun intended. :)) The glass are very inexpensive and produced a great picture. Very well done.

There is a special forces team set out on a mission for glue Preservation and Prevention of excessive Gluing. Much like the CIA or the KGB this new agency is better known as the PPG. 'They' are probably watching every move you make right through those glasses.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
That is an amazingly inexpensive camera. If the embedded battery is USB rechargeable, then that's hard to beat for under $30 shipped.

Bob

MarcL

That video is an excellent point of view. Like looking from your eyes. I thought you 'glued' the camera to your forehead. (no pun intended. :)) The glass are very inexpensive and produced a great picture. Very well done.

There is a special forces team set out on a mission for glue Preservation and Prevention of excessive Gluing. Much like the CIA or the KGB this new agency is better known as the PPG. 'They' are probably watching every move you make right through those glasses.

It's funny you say that. I was half way to taking the camera from a parts Mac Book and taping them to my glasses/forehead when I found these.
...And, That makes cents now. I had a feeling someone was watching me. ...

I like that camera, just should find them with reading glasses !

Jan.

That's what I said. I just where my readers under them but, me, I'll probably try eventually inserting some lenses.

That is an amazingly inexpensive camera. If the embedded battery is USB rechargeable, then that's hard to beat for under $30 shipped.

Bob

Right..... and they came from some where in the US to top it off. and yes, I bought 2 and, a teacher friend here from out of town had to have them so, you know, that was a good call.

MarcL

It has a small removable memory card in it. You can pull the card out and put it in a card reader or, plug the glasses directly to the computer by way of a USB connection in the glasses.

ArizonaDave

It has a small removable memory card in it. You can pull the card out and put it in a card reader or, plug the glasses directly to the computer by way of a USB connection in the glasses.

I didn't even realize they made this sort of thing. I'd like to see someone recording out in the Tobacco field sometime. The mobility of these glasses is much better than a head cam cyclops style.

webmost

Seems like an excessive amount of fooling around with the flag on that cap.
Hope he buys his glue wholesale by the bucket.
Drives me crazy.

CT Tobaccoman

Nothing wrong with glue, I say. Just don't use it on the wrapper so that it is like the glue on an envelope, but I use glue at the start and end of binder and wrapper.

Of course, I make terrible looking cigars, but until I get more proficient I'll use glue wherever I need it.

webmost

I don't glue binder at all. I do glue the last half or three quarters inch of wrapper at the head. Don't you think glue hinders burn?

LewZephyr

Great video. Like the POV really puts you the viewer in the middle of it all. Would love to have some glasses like that, but I wear glasses already so wouldn't be functional on me.

Thanks for showing your process of making the pigtail. What are you using as glue? (nope not glue policing) Presently I am using GumArabic that came premixed from the craft store, and it is way more liquid than what your using.

Thanks again for the vid.

MarcL

Great video. Like the POV really puts you the viewer in the middle of it all. Would love to have some glasses like that, but I wear glasses already so wouldn't be functional on me.

These things are great, right? You should get some. I'm wearing reading glasses while doing this. They're a little bit tricky though. Not to much of a problem. I had to keep reminding myself not to move around to much. If I wanted to shoot something in my hands, I'd put them down on the nose and, if I wanted to shoot something in front of me, they'd go up on the nose. I put a head strap on them. Here, when you see me look up, I'm tilting my head back. It's as if my head is in robot mode. ..... You have to point your head were you look.

Thanks for showing your process of making the pigtail. What are you using as glue? (nope not glue policing) Presently I am using GumArabic that came premixed from the craft store, and it is way more liquid than what your using.

I'm not sure what to call it. But it's not a pigtail, right? A pigtail gets turned round into itself?

I prefer food grade Gum Tragacanth powder. (didn't sound like glue policing)
I like it as a thick paste or polish. It dries faster and, I'm able to use less. The sticky is more concentrated.

Thanks again for the vid.

My pleasure. I really need to get motivated with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.