Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Nice Bass from my pond

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarG

Founding Member
You have to remember were on opposite sides of the world. continents apart. Our bass are a game fish and stocked freely.

I would love to have some of those Amazon bass.

Smokin Harley

My cousin from Michigan came down for a few days and we went fishing in my pond today behind the tobacco patch. He skunked me with the one fish, but it was a nice one, it fought like crazy, took a long time to bring him in, peeling line off the drag, jumping out of the water, etc, Spectacular to watch. He had a blast.

DGBAMA, I'm telling you, man, you need to come fishing over here.

View attachment 12330

Note that he's not holding it way out toward the camera. We didn't weigh it but I'm guessing it at 6 lbs. (he swears it's 12 lbs) The deceptive part is how thick and deep the fish is for it's length. I have way too many bream, the bass just swim around with their mouth open for food.

That ain't a 12 lb largemouth...but it is a bass to be proud of for sure. I did taxidermy for a few years ,many years ago and I still have my dads certified 10 lb Lake Guntersville (AL)largemouth bass on my wall. That bass in that pic might go as much as 7- 7 1/2 but without knowing the size of the holder ,it'd be difficult to even guess accurately enough.

DGBAMA

That ain't a 12 lb largemouth...but it is a bass to be proud of for sure. I did taxidermy for a few years ,many years ago and I still have my dads certified 10 lb Lake Guntersville (AL)largemouth bass on my wall. That bass in that pic might go as much as 7- 7 1/2 but without knowing the size of the holder ,it'd be difficult to even guess accurately enough.

If you guys fish Guntersville again, give a shout. Knucks and I are each just an hour or so from that lake. Would make a good get together.

Smokin Harley

Its hard to say when we'll be down again. Fishing is kind of hit or miss. Even dads good favorite spots haven't produced much . I definitely will try to make time though for a "Alabama tobacco inspection"

Status
Not open for further replies.