Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Dog Days of Summer Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

skychaser

The Dog Days of Summer Sale

For the entire month of August, we are offering all of our single packs of flower, vegetable and tobacco seed to our customers at 50% off the regular price! Plan ahead for next year. Place your order by midnight August 31st and enjoy some big savings.

http://northwoodseeds.com

ArizonaDave

For the entire month of August, we are offering all of our single packs of flower, vegetable and tobacco seed to our customers at 50% off the regular price! Plan ahead for next year. Place your order by midnight August 31st and enjoy some big savings.

I'm going over to your site and check it out!

ArizonaDave

I have some questions on different seeds you have.
1) Prehinto- What do you personally think about this tobacco?
2) Red Russian- Do you think this could be used as a Cigar filler? My wife likes the red flowers.
3) Affinis- My wife seems to like these flowers the best. Can the leaves be cured/smoked? If not, that's ok, I'll get them for her.
4) Vuelta Abajo- Can you tell me anything except use with caution? LOL
5) Little Dutch- Are you out of this seed?

POGreen

Orinoco
Silver River
Mopan Mayan
Madole
Vuelta Abajo
Del Gold
Gold Leaf Orinoco

My pick in the Summer Sale , have just ordered Small Stock Black Mammoth at another place.

deluxestogie

Administrator
Staff member
...Vuelta Abajo- Can you tell me anything except use with caution?
Vuelta Abajo is a wonderful cigar variety. Strength is medium. The aroma is earthy and fragrant. Taste is smooth and dry. My Vuelta Abajo yields superb filler, as well as many excellent wrappers and binders. Most is medium brown, with some lighter, and some leaves nearly oscuro black. It blends exceptionally well with Olor (I believe Olor is listed as "Dominican Republic" on Sky's site). I would consider Vuelta Abajo as primarily a filler, though with care, a possible wrapper variety.

Bob

skychaser

It blends exceptionally well with Olor (I believe Olor is listed as "Dominican Republic" on Sky's site).

Wow. An actual name for that variety! Thank you

I have some questions on different seeds you have.
1) Prehinto- What do you personally think about this tobacco?
2) Red Russian- Do you think this could be used as a Cigar filler? My wife likes the red flowers.
3) Affinis- My wife seems to like these flowers the best. Can the leaves be cured/smoked? If not, that's ok, I'll get them for her.
4) Vuelta Abajo- Can you tell me anything except use with caution? LOL
5) Little Dutch- Are you out of this seed?

1 Never have smoked it. I'm pretty sure I picked a string of it last year. I try to get one of everything. I'll have a look and see if I can find any and maybe send you a sample.

2 Dunno, Probably. I was digging through a box of assorted tobaccos I have stashed a few weeks back and came a cross a string of it I cured. It was a beautiful dark gold color, so it cures nice. It's been aging a year and it's time I tried some. :D

3 I hung a plant to cure a couple years ago. Tried some a few months later. It was the worst tasting crap I ever put a match too! lol Beautiful flowers and fragrance though. We have one growing in the greenhouse this year. Jasmine is even more fragrant. If you have the space, it's worth planting some just or the flowers and fragrance that will fill the whole yard in the evenings. Both are Alata's and will cross with each other, but will not cross with other tobaccos.

4 Some tobaccos are high nicotine, especially Rusticas, and it's too much for many people. If you have a low tolerance for nicotine, or are not used to high nic tobaccos it can cause some unpleasant and potentially dangerous effects.

5 I have enough Little Dutch to seed Holland. How many pounds do you want?

skychaser

"4) Vuelta Abajo- Can you tell me anything except use with caution? LOL"

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your question. You already know about the high nicotine concerns. I think I do have a "word of caution" (CYA) sentence on some varieties but not that one.
As far as flavor I'm the worst person to ask to describe it. And I'm not a big cigar guy. But I did smoke some of it and actually liked it.

ArizonaDave

Sorry, I think I misunderstood your question. You already know about the high nicotine concerns. I think I do have a "word of caution" (CYA) sentence on some varieties but not that one.
As far as flavor I'm the worst person to ask to describe it. And I'm not a big cigar guy. But I did smoke some of it and actually liked it.

Ok, I'll PM you on the rest. I posted all this hopefully to help interest with all the new growers here. I want to thank you MUCh for that info~! It helps!

ArizonaDave

Understand. Luckily, someone answered this on the first page, I must've missed it! I've seen it mentioned in Bob's posts, he seems to like it a lot.

skychaser

Bump

Only one week left to take advantage of our summer sale. Why not buy next years seed now and save yourself a few bucks? We ship world wide and guarantee delivery or you get a 100% refund.

A big thanks to everyone who has ordered seeds fro us this year. You folks are what keep us going. :D

istanbulin

Founding Member
I'm trying to keep you going too but couldn't get response to my PMs. Fast customer service is almost as effective as a sale.

skychaser

I'm trying to keep you going too but couldn't get response to my PMs. Fast customer service is almost as effective as a sale.

I got one pm from you yesterday. No others

-

To answer your question, yes I have stalk cured Costello it in my greenhoue with good success. But like most bright leafs it is usually best primed.

I've been pretty busy lately with harvest, taking care of my Dads house, and visiting him in the hospital and rehab everyday where he has been for the last month. Sorry if my reply wasn't fast enough for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

skychaser

istanbulin

I apologize if you felt you were being ignored. That was never my intent.
A pack of Costello seed is in the mail on its way to you now at no charge. Its on us. You should have it in 10 - 14 days.

Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.