Buy Tobacco Leaf Online | Whole Leaf Tobacco

Newest manual shredder almost ready for prime-time

Status
Not open for further replies.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Very cool little shredder. You put tobacco in and quarters come out.

new1.jpg

I have an international search saved on ebay in several different languages. I've never seen a shredder like this before nor since I bought it. This isn't the actual model I bought...it's a replica. Two examples were delivered today for testing. There are a few modifications that need to be made, but the finished product should be available just in time for Christmas.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
if u run the bacca thru again,,, is the cut finer,?????

( allthough im allready spoiled on my electric one )

Brown Thumb

I hope that New Powermatic Shredder I ordered off you Spits out Silver Dollars.:rolleyes:

Knucklehead

Founding Member
Very cool little shredder. You put tobacco in and quarters come out.

That's a relief. At first I thought it was coin operated.

You sure have devoted quite a bit of time to finding a good manual. I hope the search is over. Best of luck. I plan to buy one for back up.

Jitterbugdude

Founding Member
Best of luck. I plan to buy one for back up.

Count me in too. For the little bit of shredding I do for pipe tobacco I find it very relaxing to manually shred tobacco. For the large quantities I need for my wife's cigarettes the electric Powermatic is a must have.

Are these the Polish models my any chance?

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
I don't know anything about the origin of the shredder other than it was in Germany when I bought it. It then had a very brief stay in Ohio and was cloned twice (with modifications) in China. Both shredders will undergo further modifications and go back to China. The goal is to get them down to $30 a piece.

New2.jpg

The Polish shredder is based on this model, but the rake system on this one as well as the gears and cutting wheels are far superior. I want to be able to put my name on it, so it has to be right.

DGBAMA

The cast housing should make for good durability. Would be nice to see a "floating" handle, less blisters. Look forward to it.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
First mod will be to give the thing some legs so little bin can be slid under the shredder to catch the tobacco, thus creating a floating handle. I think increasing the handle length is also in order.

The handle on this one got bent in transit.

DGBAMA

First mod will be to give the thing some legs so little bin can be slid under the shredder to catch the tobacco, thus creating a floating handle. I think increasing the handle length is also in order.

By "floating", I meant the grip part is not one piece with the arm, but Rather has a bolt/shaft through it, Allowing a firm grip. Like old cast meat grinders that had wood handles.

ArizonaDave

Ahh! Finally a "Lefty" model~!

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
Made in China.. cool. So I'll be able to buy these at Harbor Freight?....:rolleyes:

Yeah, unfortunately it was a matter of having them made economically and selling them or having them made stateside and admire them sitting on a self....tough decision.

Ahh! Finally a "Lefty" model~!
Nope...it's a righty, but if you're a lefty, you've been living in a right handed world all your life and can make the adjustment...like with everything else.

forumdotabaco

why rollers and not blades?
the made in china story will be easily and faster out of your control, you will end up full of machines at a price you consider good, but some time later, they will flood the market with them at 1/3 of your price, manufacturing them at the USA could give you protection (branding) and consumer trust worldwide, more yet GOV support because of the employment creation.

FmGrowit

Head Honcho
Staff member
why rollers and not blades?
the made in china story will be easily and faster out of your control, you will end up full of machines at a price you consider good, but some time later, they will flood the market with them at 1/3 of your price, manufacturing them at the USA could give you protection (branding) and consumer trust worldwide, more yet GOV support because of the employment creation.

I don't want to be in the shredder business and I really don't care who sells them. All I know is there is no reliable, economical, introductory shredder on the market and there is a need for one.

Chicken

redneck grower
Founding Member
it would be nice to have for a backup... id be in for one if they were $30.

Status
Not open for further replies.